X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin 5 site beta

Hi all,

I've been working at upgrading the site (my web host skills needed some work, so seemed a good way to get back into it!).

I've essentially made a copy of the site, you can get to it on http://beta.thecorsa.co.uk

Posts etc should be the same, and your account info (assuming you signed up prior to 12/03/2018) will be the same. The mobile theme is so much better, I hated the old one.
    The sites will not sync, so please update your threads as normal on this site, the beta site is just for testing so feel free to post nonsense

Please feel free to have a poke around and let me know of anything that doesn't work, or anything you don't like.

Things I'm aware of:
    • No HTTPS support (this would change when the site went live)
    • No plugins, most aren't vBulletin 5 compatible, and very rarely used
    • Subscriptions are untested, to be honest very few people have ever used them so we could perhaps drop the payment part
    • Theme isn't quite right, it's got a banner but that's all for now
    • No Tapatalk support, this again would change if the site went live
    • Server is lower spec so site might be slower at times, again this would change if the site went live
    • Cookie agreement pop up not present
    • Some emoji missing
    • Post thanks missing, although that might be good as we've always had a like and a thanks, probably don't need both

All feedback welcome and encouraged!
    Last edited by jt999; 13-03-2018, 09:21 AM.
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

I think new one does a better job but will test it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just tested for you Mark, from an iPhone (no idea what you have) you can click upload picture, select one or several from gallery and upload/post. Hopefully should work out ok for you.

I guess my biggest concern is people missing the extra things vbulletin 5 can't do, such as the garage, member map and arcade games - but honestly they're barely used (the site isn't exactly busy these days!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Every time i open a new page on the website it gives me the "This website uses cookies" promptThis has happened for over a year now when using Chrome. Have deleted cookies / cache etc several times in that year and still happening.Is this happening to everyone?
          [CENTER][SIZE=3][URL="http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-builds/2329-hardcores-fabia-vrs.html"][B]Traitor Project - Skoda Fabia vRS Mk1[/B][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Hardcore View Post
            Every time i open a new page on the website it gives me the "This website uses cookies" promptThis has happened for over a year now when using Chrome. Have deleted cookies / cache etc several times in that year and still happening.Is this happening to everyone?
            I think it's due to the mix of HTTP/HTTPS (if you use HTTPS all the time it seems to be OK). I'll try to sort on the new site if we go live with it, it's a lot more hassle on this one!

I've increased the post size on the beta as Mark was hitting image upload limits

Comment

Mark - I *might* have broken your user account on the beta site - I think I accidentally reset the password (it suggested I saved something, and the password bit was highlighted, but as I can't read the passwords I'm not sure if I typed something in there!) whilst I was looking at the user reputation feature.
              Let me know if you can't get on and I'll send out a password reset email!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
                  That explains why I couldn’t just get in ��
                  You should get an email to reset it in a minute, sorry!

Comment

I prefer the mobile layout of the beta, but prefer to use the desktop style on my mobile anyway. Phones are that big these days anyway.
                    Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post
                      I prefer the mobile layout of the beta, but prefer to use the desktop style on my mobile anyway. Phones are that big these days anyway.
                      Yeah, things have certainly progressed since vB4 for mobile!

Comment

HTTPS now enabled on beta site, hopefully it didn't break anything

Comment

I'm considering doing the move later today, and worry about fixing the little bugs afterwards - what do you reckon? We're not that busy these days so I doubt many will notice

Comment

Did you do it?
                            [CENTER][SIZE=3][URL="http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-builds/2329-hardcores-fabia-vrs.html"][B]Traitor Project - Skoda Fabia vRS Mk1[/B][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Comment

Not yet... Working on it!

Comment

Working...
                              X