windows 10 imoji

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows 10 imoji

I have 2 windows 10 laptops. Both lenovo. One was originally windows 8, free upgrade to 10 . Its got an intel i3 processor. The other was factory installed windows 10, AMD 6 processor.

If you go to the virtual touch keyboard on the intel one there is an imoji option. Its got about a hundred of them. Monkeys, pigs, all sorts.☠🐷

But on the newer amd computer, the option is there, but there were no imoji's. But the ones I use on the i3 computer seem to synch across onto the amd computer so its now got a few.

Its not a problem , but I'm intrigued. What if I only had the one AMD computer? How would I know the imoji's exist and how would I get them?

There are a few other slight differences between windows 10 on each computer,for instance the amd one offers different sign in options, the other one does not. I dont know if this down my settings, , different processors, different windows update schedules or whatever.

Anyone know whats going on?

Different processors etc won't change functionality like this, they'll just have different configurations (every laptop model does) unless you do a fresh install on both machines.

Enabling Emoji keyboard on Windows 8.1/10 - How to use emojis on your Windows PC - CNET

Emojis on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10

To access the on-screen touch keyboard, tap the keyboard icon in the system tray.

If you do not see the keyboard icon in the system tray, right-click the task bar and check Show touch keyboard button.

Windows 8.1 users will find this by right-clicking the task bar and going to Toolbars > Touch keyboard.

To use emojis, tap the emoji button to the left of the space bar. Emojis are organized into seven categories.

To switch categories, tap a category button along the bottom of the keyboard.

To scroll through emojis in a single category, tap but back and forward buttons on the left side of the keyboard.

To change emoji skin tones, tap the person category and then tap the skin tone button in the lower left corner of the keyboard. You can choose from six different skin tones.
    For the sign in options you'll need to be more specific
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Thanks. I didnt know about categories,skin tone etc . Flipping heck there's hundreds of them!

Mystery solved!! I had the new computer set on the clock face category.It was only showing the favourites I had used. They are all there after all under their individual categories.����

I have now found the sign- in options under settings on the old computer - sign in using a pin number etc.
      The new one has an option to change this on the sign-in screen. It was there 'out of the box' so maybe it will go away if I actually configure something.

Edit. Maybe they dont all work on all sites though. It took the piggie and skull an cross bones on my initial post , but a spanner and ' see no evil' monkey came up as ? marks on this post ��

edit of an edited edit. I tried a piggie again and it didnt come up this time, so maybe they dont like going in as edits. Important ground breaking info !
      Last edited by Bugman; 14-11-2016, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Heres a few on an unedited post to see if they go in this time. ��☃����

Comment

It only took one. Think I will stick to the site ones. Last try with the piggie and skull and cross bones again ��☠

Comment

Originally posted by Bugman View Post
            Thanks. I didnt know about categories,skin tone etc . Flipping heck there's hundreds of them!

Mystery solved!! I had the new computer set on the clock face category.It was only showing the favourites I had used. They are all there after all under their individual categories.����

I have now found the sign- in options under settings on the old computer - sign in using a pin number etc.
            The new one has an option to change this on the sign-in screen. It was there 'out of the box' so maybe it will go away if I actually configure something.

Edit. Maybe they dont all work on all sites though. It took the piggie and skull an cross bones on my initial post , but a spanner and ' see no evil' monkey came up as ? marks on this post ��

edit of an edited edit. I tried a piggie again and it didnt come up this time, so maybe they dont like going in as edits. Important ground breaking info !
            I doubt this version of vBulletin supports unicode emoji, since it wasn't popular back then! Maybe when I look at the upgrade to version 5 we'll have it, not sure
            TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Working...
            X