Pancake eating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pancake eating

In ye good olde days (before Admin Steve) we used to have a thread making wild and unsubstantiated claims how many pancakes various members had managed to scoff. I'm pretty sure there was plenty of cheating, much exaggeration and even some downright lying. Either that or some of you really are unconscionable gluttons.

Methinks 'twould we good to revive this tradition, suggesting that said pancakes ought to be of a decent size and photographic evidence would be preferable.

Points ought to be deducted for those idle wastrels who purchase ready made pancake mix.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

I won't be having any today as girlfriend is away and I don't know how to make them (and if I did, they wouldn't be very good I'm sure). I'll have some at the weekend and report back, I'm aiming for 12 but as I like them thin that should be easy enough
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Pancakes are a doddle. To make a small amount you need 4oz plain flour, 2 large eggs, 1/2 pint of milk (or 7 fl oz milk & 3 fl oz water) - mix it together well until all the flour lumps have gone. Best if it's left to stand for a few hours to let it go smoother.

Cook in a little butter or marg. Don't fry in oil - not nice.

My mate in Bristol used to add currants to his mix - bit weird but it's a free world.

My starter mix is 8oz plain flour, 4 large eggs, 1 pint milk - just mixed it up and put it in the fridge until this evening. Then I'll give it another mix just before cooking.
      1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

I didn't even know was pancake day.

None for me this year, eating healthy

Comment

I'm a pancake lightweight. Only have a couple, but make sure they're full frying pan size. I was reminded last night by the other half that she expects them tonight.
          Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Buying 'ready-made ' pancakes is definitely cheating!!

Comment

Well at the moment, My good lady who cant cook for Sh!t is doing her best, i did offer as i do all the cooking but after hearing the words, " something doesnt look right " im going to go ahead and say looks like im just having the icecream tonight.....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	110582Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	110583

Only small though so no boasting from me.
                Originally posted by Dave
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

Comment

They look like American pancakes Jason.
                  We had two large ones each, and mine was smothered in honey and lemon. Lovely!!!
                  Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Tim, they look like he most depressing pancakes I've ever seen. Looks like hey were cooked for Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post
                      They look like American pancakes Jason.
                      We had two large ones each, and mine was smothered in honey and lemon. Lovely!!!
                      He's not Jason

I'm with Mark on this, they don't look unhealthy enough for my liking
                      TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

tasted nice
                        Originally posted by Dave
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

Comment

I had 3...1 with maple syrup, 2 with lemon and stevia
                          Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

I had four - I would have had more but I had to share

They were however olympic sized

Comment

I didn't have any, was at work all day/night

Comment

Working...
                              X