What Android SmartPhone Should i Get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Android SmartPhone Should i Get?

Currently i get a good staff discount on my phone & tariff but it's due to expire on July 1st.
    They will honour any staff discount after July 1st for the remainder of the contract as long as the contract is set up / renewed before July 1st

Because of this i want to get a upgrade my handset to make the most of what time i have left.

I've got an S5 just now and i think it's great, but there's a few handsets that are better spec.

Looking at the

LG G4
    Galaxy Note 4
    Galaxy S6
    Had a look at the Xperia range as well but not a fan of the Z3.

Thought about the OnePlus One?
    [URL="https://www.thecorsa.co.uk/forum/classified-ads/parts-for-sale/1043-big-clear-out-exhaust-suspension-etc"][B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Big clear out of parts[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://www.thecorsa.co.uk/forum/general-discussion/car-chat/projects-builds/732-sunny-melon-le-1-3-cdti"][B][COLOR="#0000cd"]Corsa D Yellow LE[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://www.thecorsa.co.uk/forum/general-discussion/car-chat/projects-builds/225-atlantis-blue-5-door"][B][COLOR="#0000cd"]Corsa B Atlantis Blue[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://www.thecorsa.co.uk/forum/general-discussion/car-chat/projects-builds/1301-1993-mazda-eunos-roadster"][B][COLOR="#006400"]Mazda Eunos V-Spec[/COLOR][/B][/URL]

Comment

I hadn't heard of that until now so googled it.
      Great phone for the price, but it's not available on O2

Comment

What about the Nexus 6?
        Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

It's too big Lee. So is the Note 4 tbh, but with some of the features it has that i'm keen to have in a phone it's looking like it'll be the Note 4 just now.

Nexus 6 and the Galaxy S6 both lack removable batteries and lack Micro SD card slots.
          If the S6 had these two things i'd go with it in a heartbeat but it doesn't and both the Note 4 and LG G3 do.

Both G4 and Note are a bit bigger than i'd like though which seems like the only downside i can think of.

Comment

What about the Nexus 5? I know they're a couple of years old now but they're still good phones.
            Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

I picked up my new handset there on my lunch break.

Went for the Note 4 in the end. Ticked all the boxes.

Only things i wish it had it doesn't would be a bit smaller and water resistant but i'm sure it'll be fine.

Comment

The only one ive used is the S6. My sister has it. She gave it to me to set up. Used it for a bout 30minutes, and was pretty impressed, screen is nice, its a lot more fluid than my S5 (even with the custom ROM on it). But all im comparing it to is an S5, so its a bit biased as they are different era's.
                |> Spec2 R33 Skyline GTS-T <|

Comment

seems i made a bit of an error in my Note 4 purchase.

When looking at the Camera of the Note 4 it has an aperture of 2.2. S6 is 1.9
                  I thought a bigger number was a larger aperture so better for low light pictures. Turns out i was wrong. S6 has a "larger" aperture.

When i was looking up all the benchmarks as well for all the handsets and the specs the Note 4's Octocore was same as the S6's and gave great performance.
                  Sadly the Octocore version of the Note 4 wasn't released in Europe. America only.
                  We get a quad core instead and they try and make up with it by giving slightly faster RAM.

Going to sell my old S5 and my Note 4 now and buy the S6 instead.

Comment

My renewal was due yesterday so I've just put a preorder in for the new Nexus 5x. I've had the Nexus 5 for 2 years, and apart from needing a new battery 2 months ago, it's been brilliant. The new Nexus 5x is made by LG again so I'm hoping for more of the same.

Comment

Ive got a pre order in for the 6p. Looking forward to it!
                      [CENTER][FONT=arial black][URL="http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-builds/340-my-white-x10xe-corsa-b-project.html"][COLOR=#0000ff]My Corsa B X10XE Project[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/CENTER]

Comment

2GB of RAM in that phone would put me off a bit Lee.
                        Android is a bit like Windows 7. If you only have 2GB of RAM it will feel quite sluggish. The more RAM you have, the more it uses to keep backround processes running to keep everything feeling fast.
                        Just on regular use on my Note 4, it usually uses about 2.3GB
                        Similar processor between the Note 4 and my S5 but with the extra 1GB the Note 4 feels much faster.

Comment

My current Nexus 5 only has 2gb of ram and it's fine. Never have a problem with slowdowns or sluggishness.

Comment

I think they perform ok with 2GB RAM but i wouldn't go with any less than 3GB now as they're a fair bit faster with the extra.
                            Has anyone looked into the OnePlusTwo?

Comment

Slightly off topic but just purchased the 6s, which is really no different to the 6 except someone has wrote s on the back
                              Originally posted by Dave
                              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                              [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

Comment

Working...
                              X