Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Gardening/Tree Cutting people on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Gardening/Tree Cutting people on here?

Anyone have any suggestion on a tool (preferably electric/powered, rather than a hand tool), that will cut through the chunkier branches of small trees and large bushes. We have a hedge trimmer (electric) that does fine for twigs and leaves and small-ish sticks/branches. But we also have a fair few trees and large bushes that we want to tackle.

Something along the lines of a small home-use chainsaw, but perhaps not as agressive. Although if its a chainsaw thats needed then it's a chainsaw, lol.

Branches are perhaps up to 3-4" in diameter. Too big for hedge cutters.

Suggestions?
    |> Spec2 R33 Skyline GTS-T <|

Electric pole saw

Titan TTB426GDO 20cm 750W Electric Pole Saw Pruner 230V | Electric | Screwfix.com
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Comment

Ah - thought you meant branches in trees.

I've got a petrol chainsaw and it's very good for chopping up logs for our woodburner. I had an electric chainsaw given to me which was fine for smaller stuff, probably do the size of stuff you're looking at. Either way, any kind of chainsaw is potentially lethal so make sure you know what you're doing with it. The key thing is proper chainsaw trousers and steel toecap boots. Gloves and a visor are also needed, but the parts of you most likely to get into contact with the chain are your feet and legs.

You will need to keep the chain cutting blades sharp, I use a Dremel. They need sharpening quite frequently. They are more dangerous when blunt.
        1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

I can imagine Dave doing it squinting in a pair of trousers

no that's not a fantasy of mine

Comment

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
            TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

You can get enclosed chainsaws, How about this
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Worx-WG307E-.../dp/B00BU2UEJE

Comment

Petrol chainsaw /thread

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
                  I can imagine Dave doing it squinting in a pair of trousers

no that's not a fantasy of mine
                  Lmao, angle grinder style you mean? It can't hurt me if I dont look it... Maybe

thanks for the advice people. My mum wants to be able to use it too, and as mcuh as I'm all for equality, my mums useless, and is 5 feet tall, and struggles to peel potatoes correctly most of the time. A chainsaw is not for her.

Comment

I dont see why your mum couldnt use the device I linked to. Cutting down branches can never be entirely safe, even using a hand saw, but there are ladies and even disabled users giving it good reports.

Comment

Working...
                    X