New phone recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New phone recomendations

[CENTER]Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
    Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
    Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
    Torque: how far you take the wall with you.[/CENTER]

Sony xperias are good but I wouldn't know how they compare to your current HTC

Comment

I'm in a similar position. Going to sell my Galaxy S5 to pay off the remainder of my contract though so i can pick up an Galaxy S6 Edge instead.

I've found the Samsung handsets have the best Camera from the all, the HTC has the best user interface and feel and the Song Xperias have the best waterproofness.
      Each of the above flagship models each have their pros and cons though.

Comment

My dad has the galaxy s4 and it doesn't compare to my Sony, camera on mine is really good in the day but terrible at night though

Comment

If i remember it's Samsung who make the cameras for the Xperia phones as well but the Samsung software makes the most of it.
          Even my old S3 took fantastic pictures

Comment

Never been a fan of Samsung phones because of their poor plastic build quality. However, their latest lineup has tempted me.

Surely Sony would make the cameras for the Sony phones as they makes cameras themselves? Seems weird otherwise.

Comment

One plus one.
              [URL="https://www.thecorsa.co.uk/forum/classified-ads/parts-for-sale/1043-big-clear-out-exhaust-suspension-etc"][B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Big clear out of parts[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
              [URL="https://www.thecorsa.co.uk/forum/general-discussion/car-chat/projects-builds/732-sunny-melon-le-1-3-cdti"][B][COLOR="#0000cd"]Corsa D Yellow LE[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
              [URL="https://www.thecorsa.co.uk/forum/general-discussion/car-chat/projects-builds/225-atlantis-blue-5-door"][B][COLOR="#0000cd"]Corsa B Atlantis Blue[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
              [URL="https://www.thecorsa.co.uk/forum/general-discussion/car-chat/projects-builds/1301-1993-mazda-eunos-roadster"][B][COLOR="#006400"]Mazda Eunos V-Spec[/COLOR][/B][/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by tomush View Post
                Never been a fan of Samsung phones because of their poor plastic build quality. However, their latest lineup has tempted me.

Surely Sony would make the cameras for the Sony phones as they makes cameras themselves? Seems weird otherwise.
                It's Samsung who do the screens on the iPhones as well nowadays.
                The Galaxy Alpha was nice if you don't like the plastic feel, but i always put a tough case on all my phones so plastic is fine for me.

Annoyed that the SD card slot and removeable battery has been removed from the S6 though

Comment

Ideally would like a SD card slow as well, which is why I'm impressed that the new HTC one has this.

What does the screen wrapping around the edge have that's good? Just seems like a gimmick to me

Comment

Without sounding like a salesman or a biased cvnt, my Sony imo has the best feel to it over all and looks great compared to the other equivalent but u will say that the glass on the back isn't scratch proof

Comment

Originally posted by tomush View Post
                      Ideally would like a SD card slow as well, which is why I'm impressed that the new HTC one has this.

What does the screen wrapping around the edge have that's good? Just seems like a gimmick to me
                      You can get an S6 with or without the edge part. It's mostly for notifications and some other features. It's quite new so don't think it'll be a great thing until a bit later.
                      I'd go for the HTC myself but because i go out cycling all the time i really need a phone that's water proof in some way.

Originally posted by CorsaEdi View Post
                      Without sounding like a salesman or a biased cvnt, my Sony imo has the best feel to it over all and looks great compared to the other equivalent but u will say that the glass on the back isn't scratch proof
                      I was never a fan of them myself. Even the Z3 feels rough when you scroll from left to right. It's not the spec that's low or the hardware it's just Sony's overlay that they put onto Android. The Samsung, HTC and Google flagships always felt smoother to me. G3 is good as well but never used one but has impressive hardware.

Comment

I havent used any other android phone other than my S5. And i'd fully recommend samsungs based off of that experience. Cant really offer any comparisons though I'm afraid.

So many of my friends and work collegaues arent going for another iPhone anymore, it's quite funny. Everyone is buying samsung, and everyeones hyped over the new S6 etc
                        |> Spec2 R33 Skyline GTS-T <|

Comment

If my S5 had an extra gig of ram i'd keep that instead of wanting the S6. It uses about 1.4gb of ram when idling a lot of the time and because of on board graphics it only has 1.67gb useable.
                          The Galaxy Alpha is a nice phone as well if you like a phone that looks and feels good but again no SD card slot.
                          The S6 isn't that much of a leap over the S5 and it's almost going to be similar to the iPhone market where most people upgrade every 2 years and the innovation and upgrades each year are only marginal.
                          The Note 3 and 4, the Xperia Z3 and the S6 all have 3gb of ram as well so with Android getting a bit more demanding with every update i'd go for a phone with 3gb of ram just so it doesn't struggle on future releases of apps / android

Comment

Re: S5 RAM. Is that really an issue though? So does mine, but I've never once though "Man I need this to have more RAM" It never slows down or lags so its just irrelevant numbers surely?
                            |> Spec2 R33 Skyline GTS-T <|

Comment

Android works like Windows OS, so the more ram you have available the more it uses. If you only have 1gb ram it'll use around 700ish mb. If you have 2gb available it uses around 1.4gb to run smoother and faster and so with 3gb it'll probably use more ram to run smoother than quicker again.
                              Mines is a lot more laggy on 5.0 than it used to be. Custom roms can sort that no problem as well but if i sell my S5 for how much it costs to buy out my contract then i can get an S6 for the same price i'm already paying a month.

Comment

Working...
                              X