Vacuum cleaners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum cleaners

I'm looking to buy a decent vacuum cleaner, probably a Dyson.

Does anyone have any recommendations, or things to look for? I don't have an animal issue, but if the animal model is better then I'm happy to pay the extra.

I hate cylinder ones, so must be an upright unless cylinder is considerably better. Current Dyson is a cylinder type and I just find it gets caught around corners and then flips over if I'm not careful enough.

Not overly fussed if it's cordless, as I'd rather not have to replace the battery in 2 years etc
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

I use a dyson dc50 multifoor and I love it. Super small and easy to carry and amazingly lightweight. Highly recommend this

Comment

That's one of the ones I looked at as the handle goes down I think - is that a bit of a gimmick?

Comment

I have a Vax upright bagless slimline one, and it's really good. Little bit cumbersome on the stairs though. Aren't all new vacuums weak now due to the EU?
        Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

i have a bissel 23A7E bagless cylinder hoover powerfull little machine suction control easy to empty flick of a button small compact i had a old dyson the first of the bagless cylinder compact ones yellow and grey thing was still going strong the day gave it away,, but this bissel one is just as good and they do make some really good wet vacs aswell

Comment

After years of bagless vacuum cleaners my mam bought a sebo (this one).

Light weight, great suction, easy to take a part and looks good. There obviously is a slight cost of new bags now and again but once you have considered how often you have to clean the filters out on bagless cleaner plus constantly emptying them and loss of suction it's a no brainier.

If I don't get a robot one next time then I'll get a sebo, makes much more sense.
            Originally posted by Dave
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

Comment

Originally posted by jt999 View Post
              That's one of the ones I looked at as the handle goes down I think - is that a bit of a gimmick?
              Yes that's the one. Tbh it does make it easier to both store and carry so yea it's a gimmick but does help and is a seriously good performing vac

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post
                I have a Vax upright bagless slimline one, and it's really good. Little bit cumbersome on the stairs though. Aren't all new vacuums weak now due to the EU?
                yeah, they're limited to 1600w, or wil be soon.
                Originally posted by Vegas
                When I hit boost me fuel runs out

Comment

1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

We have a Hetty, and it's useless. It's in the garage now and only comes out for car cleaning.
                    Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post
                      We have a Hetty, and it's useless. It's in the garage now and only comes out for car cleaning.
                      You had to choose the pink one

Cheers all, I think I'm pretty set on a Dyson. I know it's not about looks on a hoover but the Dyson looks so much nicer. I did consider a Henry type but I really hate cylinder type hoovers as they fall over and stuff, the hose is a mess too

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                        After years of bagless vacuum cleaners my mam bought a sebo (this one).

Light weight, great suction, easy to take a part and looks good. There obviously is a slight cost of new bags now and again but once you have considered how often you have to clean the filters out on bagless cleaner plus constantly emptying them and loss of suction it's a no brainier.

If I don't get a robot one next time then I'll get a sebo, makes much more sense.
                        Just quote myself
                        [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

Comment

Also this may be helpful Which Vacuum Cleaner - Wiki

Comment

Nice and small

Comment

Originally posted by jt999 View Post
                              You had to choose the pink one

Cheers all, I think I'm pretty set on a Dyson. I know it's not about looks on a hoover but the Dyson looks so much nicer. I did consider a Henry type but I really hate cylinder type hoovers as they fall over and stuff, the hose is a mess too
                              I had no say in it. It was/is Laura's and it's took me years to banish it to the garage. I hate the piece of **** with a passion.

Comment

Working...
                              X