Reduce video buffering.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reduce video buffering.

I'm trying to watch football online and the constant buffering is pissing me right off. It's not just with this site, it's with most video sites.
    I have 100mb fibre optic and use powerline kits, yet it's still ****e. Anyone have any experience with speeding it up?
    Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Pay for the football and watch on TV?

In all seriousness though, have you run a check on your connection to see what speed you are getting? Then checked if there's any fair use policy which could be affecting it.

If these are fine are you sure it's not the site?
    Originally posted by Dave
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

Comment

Probably the site. Is there an option to turn down video quality?
      Do some speed tests as well when not using the net to see if your speeds (upload and download) and ping are all ok.

The website will have a limited upload speed as well and with so many people connecting to it, it might be maxing out.

Comment

Powerline adapters are **** too Lee - I struggled to get more than about 6-7Mbps through mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you watching Lingerie Football League too?
        TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Originally posted by Hardcore View Post
          Do some speed tests as well when not using the net to see if your speeds (upload and download) and ping are all ok.
          This won't always work - sometimes traffic shaping isn't applied to speed test sites. Not sure of KC's policy on it though.

Comment

Originally posted by jt999 View Post
            This won't always work - sometimes traffic shaping isn't applied to speed test sites. Not sure of KC's policy on it though.
            Nope, but it's a good start.
            If he's getting 4mbps download with some packet loss, then i'll be a sure sign it's not the website causing the issues.

Comment

I get between 40 and 85mbps on my power line kits, upload is about 20mbps so I know for a fact it isn't them causing issues. I can download a file quick enough, but any sort of streaming is a joke, even YouTube.
              Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

That's a huge variance in speed, you might be experiencing packet loss so that's worth checking too

Comment

Is it BT Fibre you have Lee, or Virgin Media?

Comment

He lives in Hull, so it'll be KC fibre I suspect - it's FTTP so unlikely to be a line fault as fibre is generally up or down

Comment

Oh, they guys. Their broadband sucks, but for other reasons.

Comment

Their fibre doesn't, at least from what I hear

Lee - can you try bypassing the powerline adapters temporarily and see how it is? I have had some real bad experiences with them and don't trust them at all

If it's slow direct cabled to sites like YouTube complain to KC/ISP, it shouldn't be

Comment

It's the same wireless or wired Jason. I was watching motd on iPlayer last night on my tablet and it lagged a bit.

Comment

Working...
                          X