New phone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New phone

Currently got an iPhone 4S, with a smashed screen. Due to network coverage my contract is being cancelled on Monday.

I've therefore got two options; sim only contract and get my screen repaired or get a new phone.

Want to pay between 20-30 a month, considering the nexus 4?

Also can't be orange or t mobile.
    Originally posted by Dave
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

Repair the screen yourself, I've done it when I had a 4, piece of piss
    |> Spec2 R33 Skyline GTS-T <|

Comment

If the phone works fine it'd be cheaper to fix the screen and go for a sim only plan.

This page is really good for staying up to date with the latest deals:

Several cheap and cheerful SIM-Only deals (giving mins, txts and data) @ various suppliers - Hot UK Deals
      Big clear out of parts
      Corsa D Yellow LE
      Corsa B Atlantis Blue
      Mazda Eunos V-Spec

Comment

What do I need to do it?
        [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

Comment

Can get some great deals on sim only, I'd do that. 4s is perfectly up to date tbh

- - - Updated - - -

New screen and big hammer to take it apart

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            What do I need to do it?
            To swap the screen?? Just buy a screen and tool-kit as a bundle from eBay. I didnt actually do the screen, I did the homebutton. But the steps are 99.9% the same, as you have to remove the same things to do the home button as you do to do the screen (as you work from the rear of the phone forwards). Took me about 45mins to do, being super careful, the homebutton came with 3 or 4 screwdrivers in correct tiny sizes, and 2 or 3 plastic "case openr" tools for prying and pulling the connectors etc in the proper way.

Think my home button cost about 7 from ebay, lol... Was fine after, then gave it to CEX for cash and they were fine with it too... win win

Comment

Looks like 20, are the screens as good? What am I likely to break

Comment

Plenty of videos on YouTube showing now to do it

Comment

Also how do I unlock my phone?

Comment

Slide to unlock

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      Looks like 20, are the screens as good? What am I likely to break
                      As far as I know screens are fine, no one I know has ever complained about an eBay screen, i know a guy that did a screen on a htc something or other, and that was fine. They're good I think.

Break? Nothing tbh, there are incredibly detailed how-to tutorials on the web for it, with super macro photos that you really cant get wrong. Even diagrams you print out full size on A4 paper so it gives you a place to put each screw and its labelled so you cant get the screws mixed up (cos they're all super tiny, but a lot of different thread types etc..)

- - - Updated - - -

also, unlocking, pay the man in town 5 and have him do it for you, lol.

Comment

Is there not an easier way, online prices seemed to be about 50 to unlock

Comment

An easier way than taking to the phone shop man in the shopping centre?? How easy do you want? Lmao

Comment

Replace easier with cheaper

Comment

Bloke here does any phone for 5. On a little kiosk type stand in the middle of the shopping centre.

Comment

Working...
                              X