Windscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen

When putting windscreen wiper blades back on car and putting everything back together can s windscreen be cracked

Originally posted by Keithwaller1958 View Post
    When putting windscreen wiper blades back on car and putting everything back together can s windscreen be cracked
    It shouldn't if done correctly, unless you were to let the wiper arms just kind of ping themselves back rather than lowering them manually as you should
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

They have had plastic grill of would it be possible to crack it when putting it back

Comment

They have had plastic grill of would it be possible to crack it when putting it back
        I'm not sure what you mean, but if you mean the scuttle panel, I guess that could crack depending on age but not by simply changing wiper blades. I'd be very surprised if you did though as it's usually very tough plastic (although may be a bit more brittle depending on age).

It'd be extremely difficult to break any part of the car (aside from the wiper blade themselves) changing wiper blades. Wiper blades are a consumables so manufacturers have made them extremely easy to replace with little risk to any other part of the car.

Is there something broken on your car that you're trying to work out how it happened, or are you asking more along the lines of "could it break if I made a mistake?"

Comment

The garage unblocked all the lines and cracked it at the bottom

Comment

The windscreen has got a crack on it

Comment

I'm not quite sure how they would manage that, aside from perhaps putting pressure on the edge to try and lever the scuttle panel out, but even then, it'd likely take some force.

I wonder if someone dropped a tool or something on the glass, but if I'm honest, the way it broke is irrelevant - I would expect them to fix it at their own expense - they can't go breaking unrelated things and expecting you to pay out (it'd be different if a line had split when they tried to clear them, I'd expect you to be charged for the replacement line for example), though I imagine they will try!

Comment

Comment

This is damage

Comment

To me it looks like they tried to lever the scuttle panel up, putting too much pressure on the edge of the windscreen (assuming the crack started at the bottom of pic 2) - it really shouldn't have been done, it's glass.

As I say, regardless of how they did it, it shouldn't have been possible if they'd done the job right, they should fix it.

Comment

What can cause a flat battery

Comment

What can cause a flat battery
                        Many things, bad battery, bad alternator, electrical drain on the system (could be a multitude of things), not enough of a journey between starts to recoup the power lost during engine startup.

I imagine many people will have flat batteries due to this lockdown life, very limited use, mostly of very short journeys and car sat around most of the time (assuming everyone is like me). It doesn't necessarily mean there is an issue, you could buy a battery charger if you are concerned - I've got a CTEK MXS 5.0 (Amazon are pricing it very high at the moment though, I paid about £60) which has been fantastic for when the car is sat around unused for a long period of time.

If you have a multimeter and a little know how (I have the former, but not the latter) you may be able to work out what is draining it.

Comment

Working...
                        X