Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A jump pack was one of my more fanciful ideas You shouldnt need to resort to such workarounds. You might accept a bit of hesitancy if its 39 in the shade but if its running on 2 pots at only 17 degrees it sounds like they do need to do a bit of twiddling. It might be worth asking if they are able to change the stop start default to 'off' on the ECU. My daughter finds the stop start function on her Fiesta a bit of a pita as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Restorer View Post
      JT what car are you having trouble starting with when hot. It could be a simple coolant temperature sensor faulty, over fuelling the engine. Just a thought.
      My little 18 plate Golf 1.0 (aka the 3 cylinder supercar). You could be right about a sensor, it'd make sense as it's intermittent, I did once manage to keep it running but it sounded like crap and was maybe at 5-600 RPM on idle, instead of whatever it is normally (800 maybe? Can't say I've ever checked). I'll get it booked in at some point - I paid VW enough so might as well use the warranty!
      TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Originally posted by Bugman View Post
        A jump pack was one of my more fanciful ideas You shouldnt need to resort to such workarounds. You might accept a bit of hesitancy if its 39 in the shade but if its running on 2 pots at only 17 degrees it sounds like they do need to do a bit of twiddling. It might be worth asking if they are able to change the stop start default to 'off' on the ECU. My daughter finds the stop start function on her Fiesta a bit of a pita as well.
        You can code it out, but I'd rather not, don't like to mess whilst it has warranty
        TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Working...
        X