Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pshycology / Bodylanguage Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pshycology / Bodylanguage Thread

    Just thought i would make a thread about this as it would make a good subject.

    I'm always keen to know about these things and always think really deep on small stuff like body language etc consciously thinking on how big or small the other persons pupils are, where his hands are set, his tone of voice, blinking rate, genuineness of smiles, choice of words etc. Not sure if I am the only one or if anyone else does it as well when talking to somebody?

    I like to think about these things as it can be very helpful in understanding the motive and nature of the conversation. I believe I always over think with this type of stuff.

    Anybody have anything interesting to share such as theories, thoughts etc?

    Talking about theories, one theory I find very interesting is Maslows theory of motivation / hierarchy of needs.

  • #2
    Have you ever been tested for downs syndrome?

    Comment


    • #3
      Here's some psychology for you

      I find whenever somebody says

      "I'm not sexist/racist but......"

      They're usually extremely racist/sexist
      .

      Comment


      • #4
        Soph has a degree in Psychology. It's all pretty interesting stuff, but I do find it a little boring at the same time.
        Big clear out of parts
        Corsa D Yellow LE
        Corsa B Atlantis Blue
        Mazda Eunos V-Spec

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by KingoStarr View Post
          Here's some psychology for you

          I find whenever somebody says

          "I'm not sexist/racist but......"

          They're usually extremely racist/sexist
          Yeah! I totally agree with that! I always think "here we go" when they start off that way.

          Nibnob, it's interesting yeah. I'm interested in the way peoples minds work in comparison to Social way of dealing with others. It interests me how people change due to more responsibilities and when they go power mad. Like a Woman was working here who was proper sound (admin job) and helped you etc, but now she is an assistant manager working with the Director (who is stuck up and quite harsh) and now she is becoming the same as him.
          I don't know what to think of this but I feel the influence is strong from him.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Iby View Post
            Just thought i would make a thread about this as it would make a good subject.

            I'm always keen to know about these things and always think really deep on small stuff like body language etc consciously thinking on how big or small the other persons pupils are, where his hands are set, his tone of voice, blinking rate, genuineness of smiles, choice of words etc. Not sure if I am the only one or if anyone else does it as well when talking to somebody?

            I like to think about these things as it can be very helpful in understanding the motive and nature of the conversation. I believe I always over think with this type of stuff.

            Anybody have anything interesting to share such as theories, thoughts etc?

            Talking about theories, one theory I find very interesting is Maslows theory of motivation / hierarchy of needs.
            Are you sure that's a Theory? It sounds more like Philosophy to me.

            But to the original question, no i don't notice people's body language too much and focus more on the conversation itself.

            Comment


            • #7
              not sure if its a theory or a philosophy as my tutor explained it the other day to me, he said theory but nevertheless I find it interesting

              Comment


              • #8
                If you just assume everybody is a cnut, it makes life easier
                Originally posted by Vegas
                When I hit boost me fuel runs out

                Comment


                • #9
                  lol, I always think of the person who I am talking to as better than myself so I don't feed my pride or think in my min "I am better than you"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    So does coleman.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hodor?
                      Originally posted by Vegas
                      When I hit boost me fuel runs out

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You would be right. I think of myself as the king and it is everyone else's job to amuse the king.

                        I am interested in body language. So how do you stand then iby? If you have a drink, where do you hold it?
                        Originally posted by Dave
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          how do you hold the other guy's cock

                          - - - Updated - - -

                          i love a relaxed swear filter.
                          Originally posted by Vegas
                          When I hit boost me fuel runs out

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            He watches how everyone else holds it, and then analyses the average from that.... both hands face level about 1-2" from his nose!


                            (p.s. Hogdor's advice on holding drink in public, belly button level. Watch everyone else, it'll be higher, due mostly to tension)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Waist level for holding drink, stood constrapposto
                              Originally posted by Dave
                              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                              [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X