Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry January

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dry January

    Alcohol Concern | Can you stay off the booze for 31 days? Feel better. Save money. Make a difference. Join the campaign from Alcohol Concern. Alcohol Concern

    After the excess over Christmas, I'm taking part in this this year. Anyone else giving it a go?
    Originally posted by Dave
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

  • #2
    Can't even remember the last time i had a drink.
    Think it was back in April when i was in Poland.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hell no
      TheCorsa's friendly predator

      I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap


      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Hardcore View Post
        Can't even remember the last time i had a drink.
        Think it was back in April when i was in Poland.
        As I'm arguable the biggest drinker on here, maybe just a head or just behind Samo , it would do my body good. Recently I've been having a couple most nights so before it becomes a problem I'm going to see if I can go a full month.
        Originally posted by Dave
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tim View Post
          As I'm arguable the biggest drinker on here, maybe just a head or just behind Samo , it would do my body good. Recently I've been having a couple most nights so before it becomes a problem I'm going to see if I can go a full month.
          Outlandish claim imo

          Comment


          • #6
            Just make plans for the next day that involve driving and that should stop you drinking.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CorsaEdi View Post
              Outlandish claim imo
              Very outlandish. "Biggest drinker on here" Hah

              I sip a fine scotch with my cornflakes

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Samo View Post
                Very outlandish. "Biggest drinker on here" Hah

                I sip a fine scotch with my cornflakes
                I have cornflakes in my scotch

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CorsaEdi View Post
                  Outlandish claim imo
                  Very but I bet I'm not far wrong

                  Originally posted by Samo View Post
                  Very outlandish. "Biggest drinker on here" Hah

                  I sip a fine scotch with my cornflakes
                  I did say you may be just a head
                  Originally posted by Dave
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    waste of scotch that

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Samo View Post
                      waste of scotch that
                      I put coke in a fine single malt...my grandma hit me
                      Originally posted by Dave
                      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                      [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'll partake,

                        Easy for me, as don't often drink,

                        If I had to do the same
                        With fixzy drinks that would be a challange

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Must try fixzy drinks - may not be able to type properly afterwards?
                          1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I won't partake as I nearly did 6month without a drop and only drank a couple of occasions after. Then another six ish month. But I might cut out fizzy crap and focus on water. I mostly drink tea and water though.
                            Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi - New Car
                            Black 1.2 Corsa SXI Project - Sold
                            Aruba Blue 1.0 Corsa Project - Sold

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Dry January

                              Originally posted by Tim View Post
                              As I'm arguable the biggest drinker on here, maybe just a head or just behind Samo , it would do my body good. Recently I've been having a couple most nights so before it becomes a problem I'm going to see if I can go a full month.
                              Quiting to prove you can is a sign of addiction

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X