X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jt999
    started a topic [Traitor Car] JT's Impreza WRX

JT's Impreza WRX

Had boring cars for quite a while now (the Merc is nice, but dull) and been on the lookout for something more fun and more cost effective. I went through lots of cars, and settled on a Porsche Cayenne, big and powerful, with good handling. I went to see some but god damn they are so ugly.

So I ended up seeing this and really liked it:

Subaru Impreza WRX (2.5 Turbo)
    Mods:
    Sports cat
    Forge Motorsport dumpvalve
    Japspeed cat back exhaust
    Remap (estimated 280-290bhp but never actually been tested, so take that with a pinch of salt)

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2366.jpg Views:	1 Size:	104.0 KB ID:	111695
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2367.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	111696

Name:	image_2368.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	111697

Name:	image_2369.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	111698

Name:	image_2370.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	111699

Name:	image_2371.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	111700

Name:	image_2372.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	111701

Not the most practical car in the world, but hopefully I actually enjoy it a bit more. The extra power compared to the Merc is quite nice!
    Last edited by jt999; 19-03-2018, 09:35 AM.

• jt999
    replied
    Originally posted by dannyboy View Post
    Not sure, guy I work with has a evo 8 and an evo 4 so cant be too bad lol, does depend on mileage you do though

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    My uncle had a 6 Ralliart and I adored it, but from what I recall it was extremely expensive for servicing etc. Maybe one day, although I do quite like the Impreza's so may just end up getting another at some point.

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy
    replied
    Originally posted by jt999 View Post

I think they're even higher maintenence aren't they? I have always loved Evos though. My girlfriends brother recently bought the WRX STI (the latest one without Impreza badging) and it's lovely, very tempting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Not sure, guy I work with has a evo 8 and an evo 4 so cant be too bad lol, does depend on mileage you do though

Leave a comment:

• jt999
    replied
    Originally posted by dannyboy View Post
    Maybe try the other side, evo. Makes sense to me lol

I think they're even higher maintenence aren't they? I have always loved Evos though. My girlfriends brother recently bought the WRX STI (the latest one without Impreza badging) and it's lovely, very tempting

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy
    replied
    Lost on me

For those that don't know, I've bought a Golf to replace the Impreza.
    I've not committed fully to actually selling the Impreza yet, I may advertise it above what I'd want for it so it'd either stick around for a while, or if it sold I'd hopefully have a little extra money to make me happier.

No idea what kind of car I'd want to fully replace the Impreza in future, to be honest I see myself ending up with another one at some point, but perhaps the STI
    Maybe try the other side, evo. Makes sense to me lol

Leave a comment:

• jt999
    replied
    Lost on me

For those that don't know, I've bought a Golf to replace the Impreza.
    I've not committed fully to actually selling the Impreza yet, I may advertise it above what I'd want for it so it'd either stick around for a while, or if it sold I'd hopefully have a little extra money to make me happier.

No idea what kind of car I'd want to fully replace the Impreza in future, to be honest I see myself ending up with another one at some point, but perhaps the STI

Leave a comment:

• Bugman
    replied
    I thought those nuts were locked by staking the edge into a slot. Unless he forgot, or reused the old nut with weakened edge.

Leave a comment:

• jt999
    replied
    Originally posted by craig55 View Post
    So down to the last guy that touched it then
    I would assume so! Fixed at no cost anyway so no harm

Leave a comment:

• craig55
    replied
    So down to the last guy that touched it then

Leave a comment:

• jt999
    replied
    Car is fixed, turns out there was a bolt that had worked its way loose somehow (the big one that is visible when you take the wheel off, tightened that back up and all fine now. Waste of nearly 2 weeks

Leave a comment:

• jt999
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

I don't think the prospective new car is a boring choice...
    I wouldn't call it exciting, nice looking but not exactly quick

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied

It isn't the final straw, as I'd already made the decision to sell before this happened - it's just annoying that I need to now fix it before I can list it! I suppose at least I didn't sell it and it happen to the new buyer, as that'd suck.

Won't be my last fun car, but gonna go for something dull for a while and try to get onto the housing ladder.
    I don't think the prospective new car is a boring choice...

Leave a comment:

• jt999
    replied
    Originally posted by Bugman View Post
    I hope you're bearing up. Is this the final straw for selling it ?
    It isn't the final straw, as I'd already made the decision to sell before this happened - it's just annoying that I need to now fix it before I can list it! I suppose at least I didn't sell it and it happen to the new buyer, as that'd suck.

Won't be my last fun car, but gonna go for something dull for a while and try to get onto the housing ladder.

Leave a comment:

• Bugman
    replied
    I hope you're bearing up. Is this the final straw for selling it ?

Leave a comment:

• jt999
    replied
    Originally posted by craig55 View Post
    My bets on him incorrectly fitting it seen it done to many times from other garages and people I was working with.
    if its pressed into the hub by the centre instead of the outer race or the centre not supported when pressing the flange on they wont last long.
    Perhaps, but it's actually been 2 separate people (first a well respected garage, then a well recommended mobile mechanic - both are generally spot on with everything, albeit a bit slow!)
    It'd be nice if it's just the bearing, as I have become accustomed to replacing them the Megane had a new wheel bearing at the front last week, now it needs one at the rear

Funny thing is, until about 12 months ago I've never had a wheel bearing fault, and in 12 months I've had 5 over 2 cars

Leave a comment:

Working...
X