X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dannyboy View Post
    Bugger, do they hold a bottle instock?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Not locally, they're going to overnight one in for Friday as it was already late today, then I'll nip over Saturday to grab it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

• Have you looked on the Subaru facebook pages? But one from a breaker instead!
      Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Have you looked on the Subaru facebook pages? But one from a breaker instead!
        I considered those options, but as I wanted it ASAP without hunting too much I just called main dealer, I needed a bolt for the rear propshaft anyway. It's expensive, especially when I'll no doubt put in an aluminium tank at some point, but it gets the car back on the road now, which is really what I want at this stage!

Comment

• Should be picking the bottle up from Subaru tomorrow, fancy having a go at fitting myself as I want to drive it, but really don't want to have to deal with draining the system of coolant! I hear air locks are super easy to form in the impreza and super hard to get out.

Last time I did anything like this would have been my old B in 2008

Any tips? My mechanical skills are almost zero

Comment

• Someone was clearly having a laugh with product descriptions

Comment

• Fitted it yet? I wouldn't bother draining the whole radaitor, I would pop off pipes connected to bottle, try catch what runs out and clip new one on

Comment

• Then run shortly with the cap off...that's how it's done ay it?
                Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Pretty much

Comment

• Pretty much done but wind made it a nightmare, ran it for like 30 mins and the temp never made it hot enough for thermostat to kick in. Not sure it's a massive problem, as I didn't drain the entire system, just the top tank. Will have to finish it tomorrow as bit too loud to keep running

Comment

Fitted it yet? I wouldn't bother draining the whole radaitor, I would pop off pipes connected to bottle, try catch what runs out and clip new one on

That's what I did, was an absolute nightmare to get bottom pipe off without damaging it but got there in the end! Does air this high in the system even matter? It looks like it's kind of an overflow tank?

Comment

• Originally posted by jt999 View Post

That's what I did, was an absolute nightmare to get bottom pipe off without damaging it but got there in the end! Does air this high in the system even matter? It looks like it's kind of an overflow tank?

Won't matter if a small bit of air got into the pipes it would come back out the moment you fill the old bottle

Comment

Won't matter if a small bit of air got into the pipes it would come back out the moment you fill the old bottle

Great thanks, I've hopefully got it sussed then. I wish I'd had time to get an alloy tank but they seem to be made to order which will take too long, or the mishimoto ones which seem to be a bit mixed in quality

Comment

• Been out for a few short drives, coolant is holding steady, thanks for all your helps!

Now to sort out the future of the car...

I'm thinking of having the calipers painted yellow, or a matt grey, undecided. The original paint is flaking and I'm not keen on the red.
                            Still need some new wheels, but don't want to spend too much so may get my ones repainted for now, the paint wasn't great and is flaking in some places.

I'm strongly considering some coilovers, but new wheels should probably come first?

Comment

• What wheels...I've got some Prodrive Enkeis that I'm considering changing for some WRX alloys (subtle hint)

I'd do yellow calipers if you're doing some yellow accenting anywhere else, otherwise matte grey!

Glad it's sorted mechanically! Now you can just enjoy it
                              Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
                                What wheels...I've got some Prodrive Enkeis that I'm considering changing for some WRX alloys (subtle hint)

I'd do yellow calipers if you're doing some yellow accenting anywhere else, otherwise matte grey!

Glad it's sorted mechanically! Now you can just enjoy it
                                Rota Grid Drifts are what I'm looking for, or just the regular Rota Grids, both lovely. I did look at a similar wheel to the ones you mentioned, but decided they're not for me, sorry

Undecided on accents etc, I just wanted something that stood out a bit on the black, my original idea was green or pink, but not sure I like those colours enough to go that way!

Comment

Working...
                                X