JT's Impreza WRX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serviced and noise fixed (I think)
    Looks like it was just the power steering belt, so had that and the alternator belt changed and on my short test drive the noise is gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

• Woohoo!!! Great news!!
      Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• I'll have to take it out for a proper spin at some point, but I'm hopeful, the engine bay was significantly quieter.

Thinking of switching from 5w/40 to 10w/40 oil next time around, figured it'd be a little thicker, so maybe quieter also.

Comment

• Seems good now, although haven't had time to drive it as much as I'd like.
          Insurance renewal was a bit of fun, Adrian Flux knocked over 300 off of their original quote when I called to cancel the renewal (exactly the same insurer, and same terms), bloody insurance companies.

Comment

• What you paying a year now? Got mine down to 330 fully comp before I sold it.
            Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee View Post
              What you paying a year now? Got mine down to 330 fully comp before I sold it.
              800 with breakdown cover, down from 1150 without breakdown cover last year

Comment

• Wow that's still pretty steep. Insurance postcode lottery no doubt.
                Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee View Post
                  Wow that's still pretty steep. Insurance postcode lottery no doubt.
                  Probably, although I live in a decent area really, I've got business use included, so that might be a bit of it, maybe.

Comment

• Drove the car last night, bloody EML has come on. Got a code reader arriving today so fingers crossed it's something simple...

Comment

• Is it still driving fine?
                      Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        Is it still driving fine?
                        Seems to be, I didn't drive far though as wanted to get it home, seems to be running fine, and boost fine etc

Hopefully the code reader arrives soon (I'm watching the Amazon delivery guy like a hawk, 5 stops until me) and it turns out to be something simple! I did wonder if it's just been due to the cold weather of late, maybe it caused a code that simply needs clearing, or a sensor hasn't taken too kindly to it,

Comment

• Fingers crossed for you dude!! May be something easy like a lambda?
                          Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Went out to car with the new code reader, EML went off as normal

Read the stored code anyway, it was a P1410 code which suggests the secondary air injection valve was stuck open, so I wonder if it had become frozen or something. EML has remained off after a little drive, and no new codes

Comment

• Good ol' Jap cars
                              Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• My Toyota is a mind reader. You only have to think about buying a code reader and it will reset the EML immediately. Well its only ever gone off once and thats what happened so it must be true.

Comment

Working...
                                X