• TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

• I need more race friends..

No wait...unjust need friends
      Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Comment

• It is a worry for me, only takes one mistake and I'd have potentially lost the entire value of the car!
          TheCorsa's friendly predator

Comment

• ABS issue is sorted at last, just reseated the sensor I think, now to book an MOT - with the amount I've spent on maintenance it better pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

• Woohoo!! Thats good news

At least when the MOT is done you can enjoy the car and see how you feel about it
              Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• MOT booked, only real concern is what the emissions will be like as I've looked through the old MOTs and it's failed 3 on emissions in the past. It has a sports cat now so hopefully that'll sort it, but I suppose it depends on how lenient the MOT testers are.

Also expecting the ol' noisy exhaust advisory

Comment

• Ah sports cats...it's all dependant on the Cat i suppose. The ST has a 200 cell sports cat and I failed
                  Fingers crossed for you dude!
                  Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Not driven this much lately now the GF has a car, got in it Saturday morning and the headlights were flickering whenever I used the washer jets due to the battery being low

Been meaning to buy a trickle charger for a while anyway, so bought a CTEK MXS 5.0 (link) which seems to be all singing and dancing. Plan to have a socket installed near where I park and fit a dashboard socket (seems neat
                    Last edited by jt999; 26-11-2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• I've been meaning to get (or find my) trickle charger as the ST is parked up for now

How discharged was the battery? bad or just in need of a good drive?

I'm wary of Halfords Autocentre...I used to use the one in Stafford till the dude I knew there left...went downhill from there...they broke the EP3, tried to overcharge for things! Sounds like you have a not too untrustworthy one
                      Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        I've been meaning to get (or find my) trickle charger as the ST is parked up for now

How discharged was the battery? bad or just in need of a good drive?

I'm wary of Halfords Autocentre...I used to use the one in Stafford till the dude I knew there left...went downhill from there...they broke the EP3, tried to overcharge for things! Sounds like you have a not too untrustworthy one
                        Just a good drive really - I plugged the charger in today and it said the battery was full, but then I had a good run (including a little bit of wheelspin which I wasn't expecting) yesterday so I guess it was fairly well topped up, but with winter coming and me driving less and less it makes sense to get one now and be ready.

I wouldn't have let them do any other work, and had prepaid so they couldn't bolt stuff on. They seem reasonable enough and are handy for the simple jobs that I just can't be bothered with like this - for the money it was worth it for me to save me the hassle!

Comment

• Comment

• Exactly what I thought, too cold and too much else to do to deal with things like that! My main thing I couldn't be bothered with is getting rid of the old coolant, I've still got a bottle full of used oil that I haven't got around to getting rid of and didn't fancy adding another bottle of used fluids to the collection

Comment

• Comment

• I think of the environment a little

MOT failed at first due to headlight aim, sorted that so got a pass with no issues.

Emmisions was a scrape but passed too, so all sorted for another year, or until something breaks (I give it 2 weeks)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X