Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find them fine, but I don't really have anything to compare them with. The mechanic did mention he felt the brake pedal was a bit hard (he didn't suggest that's a problem, just commented that it's hard), but that could be normal for all I know.

Pop down and we'll compare?
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

• Just having a look at what tracks are down by you

South East or South West?

Edit: Thruxton...
      Last edited by Michael; 12-10-2018, 12:58 PM.
      Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Just having a look at what tracks are down by you

South East or South West?

Edit: Thruxton...
        Brands Hatch would be my closest I think, Thruxton is much further

Comment

• Brands Hatch! Excellent...I want to do that one
          Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Bring the Impreza and we'll have a little rally stage

Comment

• I think yours would fair better :P

Dory will be forst to hit that track...then the Impreza
              Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Originally posted by jt999 View Post

Are you drunk?
                Not drunk, just Ga Ga . But bearing up.

Have you thought about all weather tyres rather than winter and summer? After a lot of deliberation I have just fitted some to my Yaris in the UK. Winter legal with snowflake symbol . Very impressed so far with their summer performance on wet and dry Tarmac. Really quiet and comfortable and grip is better than many summer tyres I have owned. I have pushed them to their limit . Maybe not quite as good as the best summer tyres,. But Winter rated tyres stay flexible at lower temperatures so the advantage is likely to narrow over the winter. Not tested them in snow yet but on some test reviews the all season tyres did better in snow than the winter tyre they used for comparison.

But they may not suit your needs and priorities. Maybe not good enough for putting down lots of power enthusiastically on track days and fast road, etc but I'd say more than good enough for a daily car, killing two birds with one stone.

The best summer tyre swopped with the best winter tyres,(at the optimum time for variable weather conditions) is of course the ultimate choice. Assuming that what you get are the best.. Even premium brands may sacrifice some grip for other improvements.

When I researched reviews there were 4 brands that consistently won, or shuffled for the top 4 spots.. Continental all season Contact (expensive) , Michelin Cross Climate (expensive , biased towards summer) Goodyear Vector 4 season gen 2, and Nokian weatherproof.(biased to snow) Other top brands did not impress so much, but some may by now have been updated and improved. .

In the end I chose Goodyear as the best compromise for my needs. It was a close call.

Comment

• Whenever I see a reply from bugman, I leave the thread until I have a spare half hour to read his reply

Comment

• I read it but forgot to reply.

Bugman Once I have new wheels I won't want them getting corroded in the winter months, so it makes sense for me to have good summer tyres, and some winter ones on the wheels I don't really care about (the current ones). A problem for another times though!

New wheel bearing exploded when trying to fit, so for now this is my car

Click image for larger version

Name:	d97672e7f3c23419dfd55f07ead000e0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	120023

Luckily I have this beast on hire
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	1339c845798bfe012345592798d7f3d0.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	120022

Comment

• It exploded?!
                      Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        It exploded?!
                        That's the wording he used, I assume he meant it broke somehow but I don't really know

I think the car has been fighting every step of the way, just bad luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

• Sick of this car. Wheel bearing sorted. New Brembo pads all around. Mechanic test drive was fine, my test drive was fine for about 4 minutes.

Bloody ABS light kicks in at about 30mph now

Comment

• Not a coincidence

Comment

• Originally posted by craig55 View Post
                              Not a coincidence
                              I'm assuming not! Hopefully can get the guy back out in a few days to work it out

Comment

• My headlight leveling sensor arrived from Lithuania, fitted it at lunch and it's sorted the problem with that, so I'm super happy with that.

Mechanic is coming back tomorrow to look at the ABS light issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X