X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Whilst car is broken I've spent some more time on the lighting leveling sensors and have found a problem, there is no voltage from the front sensor to the controller. I've booked a half day for tomorrow to check it more thoroughly.
      Hopefully a mechanic is coming to look at the wheel bearing Thursday (although will then have to order parts so not expecting it to be fixed this week) - my local garages are fully booked until next week at the earliest!
      TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

• Spent more time on the car, and all wires seemed OK, so I retested the front sensor and... nothing, so I guess that was the issue all along. I've ordered a sensor from Lithuania for £145, so hopefully that'll be here in a few weeks and a good £100+ cheaper than Subaru in the UK

Comment

• Drive at 20

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegas View Post
            Drive at 20
            Dump valve won't kick in at those speeds, impossible to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

• what even is 20?
              Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Itís a number mate

Comment

• Had someone come look at the car, confirmed it's a wheel bearing at the rear but couldn't be sure which side without taking it to bits (no play in the wheel). Also noticed I am low on pads all around so getting that sorted at the same time. £280 all in so not too bad.

Hopefully back on the road Monday!

Comment

• So youíre getting both bearings done? Iím interested especially in this as mine sounds like
                    a bearing, but also have no play

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegas View Post
                      So youíre getting both bearings done? Iím interested especially in this as mine sounds like
                      a bearing, but also have no play
                      Just the one, but he said something about dropping the axle or drive shaft (I don't remember), then the wheel can spin freely and it should be easier to identify which one is bad. Of course there is the chance I need both rear, but I had one done about 4 months ago so hopefully it's just the other one.

Comment

• So how the car is bearing on the bearing could have a bearing on which bearing is barely able to bear the car. And you have to bear the wait until he bares the bearing to find out how many bearings have a bearing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugman View Post
                          So how the car is bearing on the bearing could have a bearing on which bearing is barely able to bear the car. And you have to bear the wait until he bares the bearing to find out how many bearings have a bearing.
                          Are you drunk?

Comment

• you sticking with OEM pads or something a little more aggressive?
                            Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
                              you sticking with OEM pads or something a little more aggressive?
                              OEM for now, with winter approaching I won't be doing anything overkill aside from getting it through the MOT. Perhaps once the weather begins to improve early next year I'll swap them out and consider a track day or something, assuming I keep the car.

I've got a friend who is going to machine polish the car for me when it's sorted too, so hopefully the paintwork will be much better (clearly the resprayed bits don't really need it!), then I can look at wheels (although with winter, I'm not sure if I want to install some just yet!).

If I decide to keep my plans will be:
                              1. Winter tyres on current wheels
                              2. New wheels with good tyres
                              3. Replace/repair spoiler (it has some scratches and a small crack, I'd like a carbon one in same design but probably sprayed black)
                              4. Get a top spoiler
                              5. Window tints at rear, not too dark though as I actually don't mind it being see through
                              6. New boot linings, very low priority but mine isn't in best condition

Comment

• How do you find the brakes? My mate has the same model as you and said that they feel a bit lacking stock...I've noticed mine aren't anywhere near as good as the Fiesta either. Just wondered if it was a stock Subaru brake thing?
                                Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Working...
                                X