• Originally posted by craig55 View Post
    Snapped flush ?
    Yup, at least it looks neat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post

I know what you mean I really want some Compomotive MO5s for the track...but don't understand offest stuff at all
      Offset is the difference between the face of the wheel centre where it bolts onto the hub, and the centre line of the rim width - or in other words how deeply the tyres fits into the wheel arch when the wheel is bolted on . Some wheels are more deeply dished than others.

With the more usual positive et numbers the centre line of the tyre sits slightly deeper into the wheel arch than the wheel hub. By the amount of the ET in millimeters.

A smaller positive et number means the tyre is relatively not so deep within the wheel arch. Its further away from suspension struts etc, but will poke out more so could rub on the wheel arches . A bigger positive et brings the tyre deeper, less chance of rubbing on arches, but more chance of rubbing on suspension. .

Some wheels can have NEGATIVE ET number ,meaning the tyres center line is actually further out than the hub.Reducing a negative et number now means the opposite, the tyres are getting nearer the car.

With wider rims themselves taking up more space within the wheel arch, getting the correct et is more critical. But knowing how far from standard ET a particular car (or tyre profile)can tolerate without fouling on something is another matter.

JT If some thread still protrudes from behind (maybe under the car) you may be able to screw the broken stud out using grips. They sometimes come out easier than expected once the head or nut has sheared as there is less tension. Plenty of penetrating fluid first.

Comment

• Bugman Unfortunately the thread isn't visible from underside of the car, and it's flush on the top. For now I've removed the spare wheel anyway - I'm planning some slightly larger wheels soon so the spare would have been useless at that point anyway with the 4wd. I've got recovery, and a can of tyre weld if it's really critical.

Had a bad day yesterday, been away camping in the New Forest, when putting the a bike on the back of the car I slipped and it fell and chipped my spoiler. Then on the M27 a stone flicked up and chipped my windscreen, right in the middle of my line of sight so really distracting.

Spoiler thing isn't a huge issue anyway, as I want to either have it all repaired and resprayed anyway (it's not in perfect condition), or have it replaced.
        Windscreen is annoying, as if they have to replace it I'll also need a new DAB antenna as my current one is stuck to the windscreen and there isn't a chance it'll come off undamaged. Dashcam took me ages to get it in the right spot too

Comment

• Headlight levelling system has gone wrong again, over complicated and poorly designed system! I've ordered a load of electrical connectors and wire to try and make my own sensor tester for it, don't really want to have to replace both in case it turns out that one or both sensors are fine (they're ~250 each). I suspect it might turn out to be a motor in one of the headlights, in which case I might just replace both lights as these ones are a bit foggy

I thought japanese cars were reliable?

Comment

• Japanese engines are reliable...
            Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Japanese engines are reliable...
              Well, the engine is going strong, so I guess I can't say anything there

Just a shame about the design of the lights, I did consider removing the levelling ECU and setting the lights manually, but at the same time I want everything to be fully functional for the day I come to sell it

Comment

• Considering selling up before the car loses too much value, but can't think of another car that I'd like that's also affordable (I'd like a Disco 4, but quite dull really). It's either that or sink a load more money in

Comment

• Sink the money in.

One life dude, enjoy it. Enjoy with a boxer rumble.

Before you finalise the decision, take it on a track, use it the way it needs NAY, wants to be used. Then see how you feel about selling

Its a nice looking, powerful and practical car!
                  Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Sink the money in.

One life dude, enjoy it. Enjoy with a boxer rumble.

Before you finalise the decision, take it on a track, use it the way it needs NAY, wants to be used. Then see how you feel about selling

Its a nice looking, powerful and practical car!
                    The practical side is really bothering me

I thought it'd be practical (especially with the tow bar), but in reality the rear seats not folding down has caused me a lot of aggro. The boot is large but without the seats dropping it's very frustrating.

I might be having the car machine polished, so I'll decide after that what I want to do, as it may look so nice I HAVE to buy some nice wheels, in which case I'll keep it. Unfortunately the current paint is very swirly (black pearl) so only the bits I've had resprayed look great (in fairness from 3-4 foot away the car looks fantastic), the rest is average at best when you get up close

Comment

• Track it...once
                      Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Track it...once
                        Few things to sort before I even considered that!

Comment

• Does it drive?
                          Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Does it drive?
                            Needs a wheel bearing, probably quite important

Comment

• Took the day off to look at this headlight levelling issue I have, I had to build a little sensor tester and both sensors on my car seem good so that's something (it took about 2 hours to get them out though, they were proper jammed in there!). Problem is that takes me back to square one and it's clearly not the common fault the cars have

Comment

• Think wheel bearing might have shat itself, car been making a whirring noise at about 50 but has now started at about 30, won't be driving it until I can get it looked at now

Comment

Working...
                                X