Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
    excellent What wheels? Team Dynamics?

OOOH! Get some Evo 8 Enkei wheels (I think I've suggested them already!)
    I'm not sure yet, I've seen quite a few I like (usually the bronze kind of colour ones), not spent any proper time looking though! Biggest issue is that I don't really know where is reputable to buy from, so hard to check what I can get.
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

• I quite like Rota Grids, would probably want black (wanted to black out most things where I can - batmobile), although I do like the bronze/gold colour.

Subaru Impreza Rota Grid Black
      Subaru Impreza Rota Grid Bronze

Comment

• YES!!! those wheels are perfect!!!

I can't help on the colour decision though...both are awesome
        Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Finally got my bodyshop appointment, it's going in next week. That on top of the servicing and other bits is going to make for a rather expensive month! The wheels might need to wait a little longer

Comment

• Expensive...but at least then it's done
            Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Service work is done so got to walk down and get the car, it's been sunny every day for how long? Rain today. Back to sun tomorrow onward, bloody typical isn't it.

Comment

• Whats been done? Sparks and oil? How much did it cost, as I assume labour will be the killer on these due to the stupid spark plug placement
                Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Oil and oil filter
                  Pollen filter
                  Spark plugs
                  Gearbox oil
                  Rear diff oil

3.5 hours of labour to do the lot, the spark plugs are a ***** so probably took around half the time in fairness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugman View Post
                    Ouch. But I have an idea about the straps. Cut lengths of rubber tube from an old cycle inner tube (or one from a pound shop). Feed the strap through this before fitting the ratchet. Then the loose end can be rolled up (or if you are like me, impatiently bundled up) and stuffed securely into the rubber tube.
                    I found these ratchet straps for sale yesterday so decided to bite the bullet, they have a little strap to hold the excess strap and stop it flapping around, seemed like a good idea!
                    They also have safety hooks meaning the bit that'll hook to the trailer won't be able to slip off if it gets loose.

Can never have too many ratchet straps right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

• Litrally just seen this lol
                      This is what we do with excessive strap ends

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Cheers, I think I'm going to cut some of the straps down so there isn't quite so much and do that on the rest - I think every one is 4m and only really needs to be 1m, maybe 1.5m

Comment

• On another note...Hows the car driving now after the service?
                          Still thinking of getting a new Recirc valve?
                          Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

On another note...Hows the car driving now after the service?
                            Still thinking of getting a new Recirc valve?
                            No different, but I'm not that surprised - I think it was serviced in December but didn't have proper proof (an oil receipt doesn't do it for me) so it's likely only been 2.5-3k miles since it's last one!

I'm considering getting a standard one just to try it, but car is going to the bodyshop tomorrow if all goes to plan so no rush. The heat makes me not want to even look at the car to be honest, I'm so done with this sun

Comment

• I need more sun!!! You're due loads this week though aren't you!!

It's worth trying a stock valve or even a GFB recirc just to try.
                              Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

I need more sun!!! You're due loads this week though aren't you!!

It's worth trying a stock valve or even a GFB recirc just to try.
                                Mate I'm sick of it, fortunately the sea is freezing so I go in there most days

Stock one is cheap as chips, so will try it at some point - but not sure what it'll achieve as I'll always want the noise

Comment

Working...
                                X