astra coupe turbo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other Vauxhall] astra coupe turbo

been a very long time since i have posted on any kind of forum but here is my astra coupe turbo

i bought it relatively standard 2 years ago shortly after i bought it i built it to 'stage 3.5' with vxr injectors 80mm maf precat decat and decat pipe with a cross over delete vxr stage 1 hybrid turbo and rnd remap it made 300bhp 4 months later the bottem end started letting go heres some pictures..

how i bought her

after a few months we made some upgrades

engine on its way out (note pool of oil under boost pipe)

more of the current state

block ready for some work

while the block was away i got on with rebuilding the head with new valve stem seals with built in retainers valves relapped and head fully cleaned with some fast road cams fitted

also bought it a ttv flywheel and 6 paddel clutch

since i was pushing for more power i bought it a eds inlet manifold in r1 blue and some 1000cc rnd injectors

as things where getting failry out of hand i bought a gtx35hta turbo and tubular manifold

and how it sits today

Attached Files
    Last edited by jt999; 14-03-2018, 12:41 PM.

also some more in depth photos of my build while the engine was on the stand

and 1 of the turbo
    /DB9645DB-D10D-4301-93C2-E782A6C0B52B_zpsqhbr2tfm.jpg.html]"]Error | Photobucket

engine mid build

/504F0780-AFF3-41EE-8B08-D27D29F6F545_zpsfzrwpmky.jpg.html]"]Error | Photobucket

/9FBAF74E-B12B-407E-AC26-C991EE1793C3_zpsgjvav0zi.jpg.html]"]Error | Photobucket

this car has been a huge learning curve for me thanks for reading any questions welcome

Comment

What's the expected power once it's completed?
      Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post
        What's the expected power once it's completed?
        on the 330lph pump 480bhp/500 when i put a surge tank in and another pump should be around 550 standard zlet block unwedged only takes around 600

Comment

Originally posted by will View Post
          on the 330lph pump 480bhp/500 when i put a surge tank in and another pump should be around 550 standard zlet block unwedged only takes around 600
          That sounds scary
          TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Originally posted by jt999 View Post
            That sounds scary
            yeah i think it will be haha

update on the car got on with fitting my brembos tonight it was abit cold so i only got a test fit picture

/D7E73ABA-A085-49B6-885F-3264C9F8B320_zpsuvuh9unz.jpg.html]"]Error | Photobucket

brembo calipers 330mm disks with 20mm spacers so the wheel clears the caliper

Comment

Wow. But two hobbies in one. The pleasure of the building, pushing it to the limits. Then the pleasure of driving it pushing it to its limits. And if unfortunately you go beyond that limit the fun starts all over again with a new level to aim for.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugman View Post
                Wow. But two hobbies in one. The pleasure of the building, pushing it to the limits. Then the pleasure of driving it pushing it to its limits. And if unfortunately you go beyond that limit the fun starts all over again with a new level to aim for.

yeah its a labour of love sometimes i could haply sell it been close so many times but i always end up coming up with the money to sort it once its running and running well i will be buying another engine to build for it but stronger again ultimate plan would be to make it four wheel drive kinda made a plan on how i would do it as well

Comment

482bhp astra coupe turbo

since the last update a fair bits happend exhaust has been sorted out and i have done a few bits here and there...we have had a base map and its made 481bhp and 411ftlbs of torque....

it even got to meet my daily for the first time haha

the old brake lines where abit rusty so i sorted that out

the bumper was hanging out at the side and clips where broke so i sorted that out with some catches

had to add a 90mm maf in there as its not been mapped mafless as of yet when it goes back for its full map it will be going mafless

few pics for the sake of it

got some other wheels for it as the purple where only temporary anyway got some bonnet lifters coming for it so i can ditch the wood

Comment

Who needs brakes anyway?

Leave the wood, it just adds character

Comment

The catches are a clever idea. I just hope some over zeolous cop or mot tester doesnt say they could endanger a pedestrian,grazing grannies leg and tearing her varicose veins. They are not the ideal type for that location.

I tend to be inclined to the view that if you need to brake hard you have failed to anticipate. But 600 bhp, yeah maybe you need the best.

Comment

last update on this thread unfortunately the coupe has been broken for parts it had its final map it made 490bhp got capped down to 450bhp and 400ftlbs but the astras story has come to a end on the up side i have a 18week old daughter who keeps me on my toes now

Comment

Congrats on the daughter dude

What you driving now then?
                          Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Congratulations on being fertile

Same question as Michael, hope being a parent hasn't hit you too hard - I see a lot of beaten down dads in Zafiras

Comment

Working...
                            X