Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seat Ibiza FR 1.9 TDi

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Never heard of that Craig? I've used them before and had them on for years and years and never had issues..

    Comment


    • #77
      Few problems with the car recently pissing me off.

      Had a coolant leak that caused almost all the coolant to drop. Few days before it goes into the garage it magically resolves itself.
      Garage pressure tested system and holding pressure. I only bought 1.5liters of coolant when it should have been 3 so the mixture is too weak and needs to be drained to be done again.

      Garage couldn't find any problems either with the knocking from the front end. Getting the bushes replaced in a few weeks now so hoping that cures it.

      Dual mass flywheel is a little noisy now and then. Showing signs it's worn but not quite ready to fail yet. Hopefully another year at least on it.

      Found out engine oil is 37 and when i was replacing the reverse light with a ultra bright cree LED i've found a bit of bubbling around the light on the boot so will need to book it in to have it repaired properly before it becomes a problem.

      All money money money with this one...
      [CENTER][SIZE=3][URL="http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-builds/2329-hardcores-fabia-vrs.html"][B]Traitor Project - Skoda Fabia vRS Mk1[/B][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Hardcore View Post
        Few problems with the car recently pissing me off.

        Had a coolant leak that caused almost all the coolant to drop. Few days before it goes into the garage it magically resolves itself.
        Garage pressure tested system and holding pressure. I only bought 1.5liters of coolant when it should have been 3 so the mixture is too weak and needs to be drained to be done again.

        Garage couldn't find any problems either with the knocking from the front end. Getting the bushes replaced in a few weeks now so hoping that cures it.

        Dual mass flywheel is a little noisy now and then. Showing signs it's worn but not quite ready to fail yet. Hopefully another year at least on it.

        Found out engine oil is 37 and when i was replacing the reverse light with a ultra bright cree LED i've found a bit of bubbling around the light on the boot so will need to book it in to have it repaired properly before it becomes a problem.

        All money money money with this one...
        Sorry little late with this:

        seat gm oil | eBay

        It maybe money money money Tam but at least your sorting them before they become more more more money

        Comment


        • #79
          The rust was the most surprising tbh. Didn't expect that from a 2006 car.
          Cheers for that Tanktop, will check there in future! I was borderline on the minimum as well with it though so just drove to Seat dealership for it so i could top it up asap.
          [CENTER][SIZE=3][URL="http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-builds/2329-hardcores-fabia-vrs.html"][B]Traitor Project - Skoda Fabia vRS Mk1[/B][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]

          Comment


          • #80
            Rust comes as surprise. My Golf is year 2000 and has no sign of rust whatsoever. Seat has not protected the car correctly. Its money money money, but also a lot of fun to drive, so its worth it.

            Comment


            • #81
              I've been looking at VAG recently and i was surprised by the amount of complaints against them. I've always thought of them to be bullet proof, but it seems the build quality of German motors is slowly going downhill.

              Would the rust not be covered by some sort of anti corrosion warranty? Or is the 10 year bodywork protection a gimmick?
              Originally posted by Vegas
              When I hit boost me fuel runs out

              Comment


              • #82
                Think you need a full seat service history for the paintwork protection guarantee but worth a shot.

                From your posts I'm now reconsidering getting a petrol or diesel, if you have to replace the dual mass flywheel your savings will be wiped out.
                Originally posted by Dave
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

                Comment


                • #83
                  Petrols use a DMF as well these days but the vibrations and torque from the diesel seems to kill them faster.
                  If i was you Tim after speaking to a few guys in work, a petrol with gas conversion seems to do well.

                  The rust isn't the worst but i'm pretty anal about that kind of thing so it'll get sorted soon.
                  [CENTER][SIZE=3][URL="http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-builds/2329-hardcores-fabia-vrs.html"][B]Traitor Project - Skoda Fabia vRS Mk1[/B][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Yea I've considered that but it depends if I can find one, I would need to do a few miles to pay for the conversion otherwise
                    Originally posted by Dave
                    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                    [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      what oil are you looking at? we use castrol slx, as its the only oil vw allow us to use.

                      egr blank is a good idea, sick of replacing those. as for fornt wnd clunk, check the bottom arm rear bushes, if fitted wrong they wear prematurely.

                      finally, solid flywheel......
                      Rub-A-Dub-Dub

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Rob View Post
                        what oil are you looking at? we use castrol slx, as its the only oil vw allow us to use.

                        egr blank is a good idea, sick of replacing those. as for fornt wnd clunk, check the bottom arm rear bushes, if fitted wrong they wear prematurely.

                        finally, solid flywheel......
                        I got the oil from Seat themself.
                        5W 30 fully synthetic 507 grade long life. Mines can use the cheaper grade stuff went for the better stuff before remap. It's got VW stamped all over the container and made by Quantum

                        Will be removing the EGR valve completely and the cooler that sits below it.

                        Got some poly bushes waiting to be fitted shortly to the front arm so hope this solves it.

                        SMF are too noisy on these engines!
                        [CENTER][SIZE=3][URL="http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-builds/2329-hardcores-fabia-vrs.html"][B]Traitor Project - Skoda Fabia vRS Mk1[/B][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Exhaust work done.
                          Pulls the same i'd say roughly, but should help more with the remap.
                          Sounds awesome now though!. Nothing like the Corsa sounded





                          Attached Files
                          [CENTER][SIZE=3][URL="http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-builds/2329-hardcores-fabia-vrs.html"][B]Traitor Project - Skoda Fabia vRS Mk1[/B][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Nice work / job Tam

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Looks like a good job. Get a video up at some point
                              [URL="https://www.thecorsa.co.uk/forum/classified-ads/parts-for-sale/1043-big-clear-out-exhaust-suspension-etc"][B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Big clear out of parts[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
                              [URL="https://www.thecorsa.co.uk/forum/general-discussion/car-chat/projects-builds/732-sunny-melon-le-1-3-cdti"][B][COLOR="#0000cd"]Corsa D Yellow LE[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
                              [URL="https://www.thecorsa.co.uk/forum/general-discussion/car-chat/projects-builds/225-atlantis-blue-5-door"][B][COLOR="#0000cd"]Corsa B Atlantis Blue[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
                              [URL="https://www.thecorsa.co.uk/forum/general-discussion/car-chat/projects-builds/1301-1993-mazda-eunos-roadster"][B][COLOR="#006400"]Mazda Eunos V-Spec[/COLOR][/B][/URL]

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Cheers guys. Couldn't manage a 2.5" downpipe sadly. He said it was too tight a fit to make a custom one.

                                Will get a video up shortly. sounds really nice for a diesel imo
                                [CENTER][SIZE=3][URL="http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-builds/2329-hardcores-fabia-vrs.html"][B]Traitor Project - Skoda Fabia vRS Mk1[/B][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X