Mazda MX-5 - NOT. A Corsa :0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• So, marriage is down and dusted now! So bit more free time, especially with new going away tomorrow for two weeks for work

anyway, finally started to get the new front arms and bushes on. Here’s what come off :0
      ai
      ing to
      go around 10mm lower than before! When happy I’ll have geometry done
      Attached Files

Comment

• They look crusty

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Upgrading and replacing stuff like this always made me feel like a pig in poo. Glad to know the tradition is still maintained by the discerning few.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyboy View Post
            They look crusty

They bolts that come out we’re even worse. Was mega surprised they started turning almost immediately and undoing! Ball joint but just snapped when undoing which was a result! Hopefully otherside goes just as straightforward! Really looking forward to feeling the handling difference on a dry day

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugman View Post
              Upgrading and replacing stuff like this always made me feel like a pig in poo. Glad to know the tradition is still maintained by the discerning few.
              It’s one of the things I enjoy most for sure! I get carried away and source all new nuts and bolts too, as I can’t stand putting old **** back in again

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegas View Post

They bolts that come out we’re even worse. Was mega surprised they started turning almost immediately and undoing! Ball joint but just snapped when undoing which was a result! Hopefully otherside goes just as straightforward! Really looking forward to feeling the handling difference on a dry day

Click image for larger version

Name:	e20876abb285bc3341a1c04084927e50.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	123862

Good luck though
                TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

• TBH on my 1930's and 1950's cars it was often a case of finding the best possible used part. 'New old stock' was scarce, and where modern new parts were made they were often frowned upon by originality enthusiasts. (not me. I wasnt above putting a 1980's Reliant Robin engine in a 1930's Austin seven chassis. ) . I Made quite a lot of money on ebay selling used but original nuts and bolts from austin 7's. that i found in my 'scrap bins' . Believe me mate, if you have somewhere to keep it dont throw anything away. One day Someone will buy it.

Could never persuade my wife to let me put old parts in the dishwasher though. Even though she appreciated there are worse things a husband could be doing,and would help with upholstery and stuff,

Comment

• I bin it all tbh 😂 just don’t want **** laying around, that realistically im
                    never going to bother to try and sell!

Comment

• Got other side on. Car looks nice being low, but unfortauneyky it’s undriveabke as can’t even get full lock without scraping

ive bought some protection spray and got Coilovers socks aswell to fit, so when fit those I’ll raise it a bit!
                      otherside went well, met a neighbour who used to own one which was nice!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegas View Post
                        Got other side on. Car looks nice being low, but unfortauneyky it’s undriveabke as can’t even get full lock without scraping

ive bought some protection spray and got Coilovers socks aswell to fit, so when fit those I’ll raise it a bit!
                        otherside went well, met a neighbour who used to own one which was nice!
                        Just never turn the wheels all the way

Any pics of the car from a little further away? Be nice to see how low
                        TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

• Got nothing im
                          afraid, the pavement heavily means towards the house so one side will always look much lower. But the high side is covering the tyre 😂 will get some photos when it’s set but probably look identical to before. Was going to sort tomorrow, but now have other plans - so probably be Sunday!

i had so much spare time when Mrs went away for work, only have a week left now before got to tidy everything and lose loads of free time. It’s flown by

Comment

• In for alignment now, even washed it
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Done, but still scrapes
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Nice, what's scrubbing? Tyre to arch?

Comment

Working...
                                X