No announcement yet.

Mazda MX-5 - NOT. A Corsa :0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bet that was annoying, always pretty amazed at the lengths you go to to have a perfect car!
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

• I need to restore my reputation haha

Comment

• Passenger side window all working. Such a simple thing for most cars these days, but not having to reach across at 4am for work to clear rain off will be a luxury!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegas View Post
          Passenger side window all working. Such a simple thing for most cars these days, but not having to reach across at 4am for work to clear rain off will be a luxury!
          I haven't had manual windows since my B, but I remember the hassle of having to lean over to open the window when it was wet or steamed up in the winter, did my head in! You're at almost Bentley levels of luxury now!

Comment

• So today, I decided to do coolant and oil change.

havent done coolant since Iíve owned car, thought Iíd change thermostat as well.
            Try to undo bolt and sheers straight off. Clearly been ducked with before as itís covered in sealant **** and one bolt has been replaced with nut and stud, so I just left it.

changed two radiator hoses to silicone, as they were point of splitting and these were cheap.

enptiednouo, and ecp gave me a paper filter instead of metal. Great.
            and new HT leads and plugs in.

Comment

• My mat has that annoying wear mark, pisses me off massively but the metal mats look dreadful.

How is servicing one of these? Fairly straightforward?

Comment

• Yeah, piece of piss tbh.

i need to do waterpump itís knocking. Means timing belt, never done one before somehow, although itís mega straight forward in these I donít have the time for ****ed bolts etc when Iím parked outside paneers 40 mins from home. I donít mind paying a garage, but no idea where to take it tbh.

just got sent these too.

Comment

• Had a spare few hours, so quickly went to bodyshop fotted bumper there and drove home.

Much tidier.

And yea, I deliberately park slightly outside bay to
                  avoid dings

Comment

• Don't blame you for the parking, I do the same!

Bumper looks much cleaner without that light

Comment

• Looks awesome. Really tidy now!

I park out the way at the back in most cases...someone still finds me...
                      Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Thatís a car park for flats we currently live in, so they all get full pretty much anyway. Parking at back makes no difference, as there at flats at the back of car park too! Look forward to the new house, but canít sort a agarage until already moved in

Comment

• Has the new house got a drive?
                          Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Servicing is easy apart from fairly tight access to the oil filter.

Cam belt and water pump are straightforward on these BUT the crank bolt can be a pain. Worth paying for the proper tool to help lock the crank in place.

Also worth paying the extra for a Mazda water pump instead of being tempted by a half price aftermarket one. Heard about problems with them due to slacker manufacturing tolerances.

I used an OEM pump with a thin paper gasket and light smear of high temp gasket sealant for belt and braces approach. Only had to change it because some plum changed the timing belt without doing the pump and not long after getting the car the gasket failed.
                            Big clear out of parts
                            Corsa D Yellow LE
                            Corsa B Atlantis Blue
                            Mazda Eunos V-Spec

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
                              Has the new house got a drive?

Nope

Comment

• Easy to make one though You'd have to lose the really nice front garden though...hmmm....
                                Likie, that really is a nice garden!!!
                                Looks nice dude

Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Working...
                                X