Mazda MX-5 - NOT. A Corsa :0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bugman View Post
    Potholes in the UK are almost as bad as Bulgaria now. Only difference is Bulgarian roads are getting better, UK ones are getting worse.

UK is still at the point where a pothole takes you by surprise. Eventually it will get so bad you always expect there to be potholes.Which is progress of sorts. -You then learn to avoid them better and are not surprised when others make sudden unexpected swerves, or even drive long distances on the 'wrong' side of the road if the surface is better.

Biggest problem I find is in deeply contrasting light and shade under trees etc. Its very easy to mistake dappled shade for a pothole ,but too risky to assume its only shade ,as it might indeed conceal a pothole.(which are more common in shade due to freezing) Its quite annoying driving for miles at pothole friendly speed due to dappled light only to find the road was fine. But more often than not there was at least one hidden pothole. Also following large trucks and buses. They can often span and ignore potholes that a car cannot. If you follow too close you may not see the pothole until its too late.

Umm thanks for telling me how potholes work haha. I spend 11+ hours on the road driving most days, so Iíve got pretty used to them now

Comment

• So Iíve got a really strange noise from back of car. Iím hoping itís a blow in exhaust from it scraping, but itís almost like a knocking, so weíll see.

i waned new exhaust anyway, so can be tucked up under chassis better. One Iíve got currently was bodgeted together, as my reg of car has the c rare length of cat, so systems arenít made for that really, so bits need to be chopped Iíve bought an adapter for a decat, so it should all work nicely

Comment

• Also bought this, for inner section of passenger side. Thatís all 4 pieces bought now that needed welding.

And s just had two nails in 2 different tyres I had to get repaired.

Comment

• Wouldn't want to pay Mazda price for your system if it's the same as what was replaced on one at work the other day a centre with secondary cat was £600 + vat

Comment

• Iím definitely not. Thereís only one cat on here, itís just longer on older models, and mine was last year they did mk1.
            i got a decaf adapter for £50 and everything behind that was £180. Iíll be able to get few quid for current backbox too if I sell it.

Comment

• Comment

• Shiny shiny
                TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

• Speaking of, tried out some new wax and polish on the good side. No point on **** side as pics will shiw

also a pic of **** side to show ground clearance

Comment

• Wow that is gleaming, nice work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

• Yeah that side has come up so nice, had loads people pointing as drove home! Looking forward to other side now! Car is so much smoother now since exhaust has gone on, annoyingly old one wasnít straight and melted bumper, so will replace that soon too!

Comment

• Removed fog light rear box, and relocated fog light in rear reverse light.
                        never had reverse lights working on here, bought new switch and went to fit it in the most awkward place, and other switch wasnít wired in. so plugged old one in, and made reverse light on constantly so had to fit new switch.

Comment

• What's the bolt? Or am I being stupid?

Quite a chunky pipe going on there!

Comment

• Thatís the reverse switch mate. Screws directly into gearbox, and the littke
                            ball bearing is pushed down when revere is selected and activates the lights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegas View Post
                              Thatís the reverse switch mate. Screws directly into gearbox, and the littke
                              ball bearing is pushed down when revere is selected and activates the lights.
                              I knew that, I was just checking that you knew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

• What exhaust system did you go for? Must be reasonably loud with the straight through decat pipe too?

Good job you sorted the fog light. Pains me when I still see people driving around with the massive units dangling from their rear bumpers haha.
                                Big clear out of parts
                                Corsa D Yellow LE
                                Corsa B Atlantis Blue
                                Mazda Eunos V-Spec

Comment

Working...
                                X