No announcement yet.

Mazda MX-5 - NOT. A Corsa :0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha, donít you try and take credit for an idea you never did lol! Thanks though, no more updates really, Iíve just been driving it daily nearing the 150k mark now, soon as weather goes to **** Iíll book it in for welding on the otherside. I want to get a new exhaust system for it, but now all money going towards wedding and a new place.

Comment

• Glad char never spotted your engagement on my Facebook don't want her getting ideals Anyway congrats

Comment

• Haha, few mates have said similar. Quite few people were really shocked, even looking back Iím quite shocked by myself. Doing that in front of a room of strangers is something Iíd never have dreamt of a few years ago. Even then I was absolutely bricking it. Idea of marriage always seemed weird to me until recently, all personal choice, like most things in life

Comment

• Have you got a date in mind

I should probably propose to her soon but 2 kids is a big enough commitment for me

Comment

• 28th sept next year. Already booked and paid for.
            should probablyĒ isnít really a reason to imo. You either want to or you donít

Comment

• Not about this car, but it is care related.
              so, the Mrs was invited to a friends wedding in Gloucester. I wasnít, not much room and havenít met her, fine.
              So as Lauren hasnít really driven by herself, and trains are expansive I said Iíll drive her and her friend there in the Clio, drive home then get them again next day.
              so Thursday rolls around and theyíre going on Saturday. I notice rear tyres on her car are very very worn and illegal. I wasnít going to risk getting fine and caught, so mad panic to get tyres that day, in that size locally.
              I finally manage sort two tyres. Itís now Friday morning, both on way to work, come out and one of new tyres if completely flat. Canít do anything about it, canít check if some kids let it down or run over something. I was finishing at 4.15 20 mins away.
              so plan on rushing home removing wheel and taking to garage to sort it. Great Mrs realises sheís taken only key to work and locking wheel but is in boot. She leaves work early and plans meeting me at home. Her train gets delayed by about 25 mins, and I get stuck in traffic on way home due to a lorry on fire... ffs. Miss tyre shop. Manage to find another that closes at 6, got there at 5.55 and they all packing away they agree to help.
              get the wheel back on, (**** valve) and all good.

pick her mate up, get half way to Gloucester and fkin alternator belt snaps. Canít bodge no access even if had new belt with me. Give up and get recovered home.

what a **** day

Comment

• sounds like a bad day!

At least the MX5 isn't your problem for once!
                TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

• Finally hadrear allignment done after doing all the work months ago,
                  camber set up was an extra £25 a corner, so ****ed that off as was almost bang on anyway.
                  youll notice camber on the n/s is in red, theyíve said this is just how itís ended up after doing all other adjustments and thatís itís fine.
                  car drives well again, and probably be ****ed on a pothole again in few weeks so will do. Weíve put in an offer for a house, and I have garages available to rent for £50 a month. So hopefully mortgage goes through and can crack on properly.

Comment

• Hope house goes to plan, £50 a month for a garage isn't bad!

Potholes will almost certainly cause more problems, winter approaching and they haven't yet fixed the roads from last year around here.
                    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

• Yeah, Iím pretty good at avoiding them really, and lot of my driving in it is the same roads. Sometimes new ones pop up though itís not a big garage, but itís somewhere I can leave the car in bits overnight which is great. Always said I wouldnít move without one attached to house, but this house, well weíve both just fallen in love with it, so it doesnít even matter. We had so many other people bidding against us for it. Just hope we end up with it now

Comment

• Good luck with the mortgage, how much did the alignment cost?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Potholes in the UK are almost as bad as Bulgaria now. Only difference is Bulgarian roads are getting better, UK ones are getting worse.

UK is still at the point where a pothole takes you by surprise. Eventually it will get so bad you always expect there to be potholes.Which is progress of sorts. -You then learn to avoid them better and are not surprised when others make sudden unexpected swerves, or even drive long distances on the 'wrong' side of the road if the surface is better.

Biggest problem I find is in deeply contrasting light and shade under trees etc. Its very easy to mistake dappled shade for a pothole ,but too risky to assume its only shade ,as it might indeed conceal a pothole.(which are more common in shade due to freezing) Its quite annoying driving for miles at pothole friendly speed due to dappled light only to find the road was fine. But more often than not there was at least one hidden pothole. Also following large trucks and buses. They can often span and ignore potholes that a car cannot. If you follow too close you may not see the pothole until its too late.

Comment

• Congrats on the engagement Mark. Got married myself a couple weeks ago

Take it you got the CAS o-ring done in the end? Super easy to do yourself if not.
                            Big clear out of parts
                            Corsa D Yellow LE
                            Corsa B Atlantis Blue
                            Mazda Eunos V-Spec

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyboy View Post
                              Good luck with the mortgage, how much did the alignment cost?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Allignement was £70, obviously a lot more adjustments than my Corsa had haha

Comment

• Originally posted by nibnob21 View Post
                                Congrats on the engagement Mark. Got married myself a couple weeks ago

Take it you got the CAS o-ring done in the end? Super easy to do yourself if not.

Not done the CAS ring it still leaks.

ah congrats to you! Thereís so much to plan and do, get youíre flad itís done with

Comment

Working...
                                X