No announcement yet.

Mazda MX-5 - NOT. A Corsa :0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should drive a lot better now done a few rx8 in work for the lower arm recall that's a similar set up there usually seized solid so expect more swearing on the other side

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Otherside all dismantled in around 2 hours afer work! Had extra pair of hands. So could get somebody hold spanner on it whilst I undone the nut.
      loads of play in steering arm this side, none on otherside. Hopefully back together Sunday and ready for tracking.

also my rear arms have all been powdercoated now, and ready for collection. So I guess I better order more new stuff!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegas
        So I guess I better order more new stuff!
        Looking forward to seeing what you purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

• FYI, there's a Turbo kit on ebay for £650 taken off another MX5, ready to be reused
          Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Sounds like you MX 5 guys may unwittingly end up in bidding wars between yourselves on flea bay

Comment

• No interest in engine changes at all.

same with body kits and all that stuff tbh. I work industrial area and cars in filth and ****ed roads constantly.

got these

Comment

• Looks much better! I guess helps protect them in future too?

Comment

• Went today to get allignment. Absolute ball ache and canít be bothered to type why, but itís done for the front. Car still pulls to left and both rear wheels face that way, but didnít get rear allignment as got more parts to fit... £135. Great.
                  some great help from colleagues and trip round to their garage where I saw an Mx5 with a v8 fitted
                  finallt enjoyed it just now

Comment

• A v8 MX5 sounds scary, I bet that kind of power makes it quite a handful!

Comment

• Yeah, I reckon! Itís all mounted but not running yet.

took car for drive today, and the improvement from those bushes and new joints itís huge! Feels great now, canít imagine how well it will handle when rear is done!

Comment

• Slowly getting them put together. New parts are instance.

some of the nuts are £8 fgs

also got a hardtop stand..

Comment

• Oh and hereís curren suspension arms, my stainlessĒ exhaust thatís got a blow and a nice big oil leak.

Comment

• That stand is a good idea, it looks like your car is made of rust to me, I assume it's just surface rust?

Comment

• Itís actually in ok condition as far as mx5ís Go.

i mean the rear quarter on other side needs doing soon, but lot of it seems to be surface.
                              and on removable parts, some of which will be removed soon. Not too fussed. Passes mots and handles better than anything Iíve been in.

im currently at my parents away some oil for the diff to turn up, which AFAIK hasnít been changed in 160k miles

Comment

• Are you enjoying it as a project car? Obviously a different scale to the Corsa but hopefully won't be so delicate either!

Comment

Working...
                                X