Mazda MX-5 - NOT. A Corsa :0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Traitor Car] Mazda MX-5 - NOT. A Corsa :0

Picked this up the other night, never thought I'd own one bit so much fun.

It isn't perfect bodywork wise, but engine is faultless (so far) so that's what I was paying for, already been to a meet. The meets are so busy, and frequent and everybody so friendly.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2446.jpg Views:	1 Size:	56.9 KB ID:	117389
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2447.jpg Views:	1 Size:	54.2 KB ID:	117391
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2445.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	117390
    Last edited by jt999; 14-03-2018, 11:09 AM.

What mods does it have so far, and what's the plans? (if any)

Comment

When engine size is it? Looks nice though

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

keep an eye out for arch rust on the rear, seems to hit these over night

Comment

The mk1 is better than the mk2 in terms of tin worm. The rear arches go from the inside which is why serious corrosion seems to appear from nowhere. But if you get one that's been sorted, or an import, they are a lot of fun for your buck.
          1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Originally posted by Samo View Post
            keep an eye out for arch rust on the rear, seems to hit these over night

It's rusty as **** and I knew that when I went to view. Already arranged repairs to be done

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by dannyboy View Post
            When engine size is it? Looks nice though

Very looked after engine bay

]"]Error | Photobucket Cambelt just been done too

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Taurus View Post
            The mk1 is better than the mk2 in terms of tin worm. The rear arches go from the inside which is why serious corrosion seems to appear from nowhere. But if you get one that's been sorted, or an import, they are a lot of fun for your buck.

Huge amounts of funX problem
            Lies with people not keeping drain holes clear and water just sits between metal constantly. So much fun to drive

Comment

Originally posted by Hardcore View Post
              What mods does it have so far, and what's the plans? (if any)

Mods are, wheels Coilovers strut braces, exhaust (just bought replacement) and seats from a mk2 (I think)

Exhaust way too loud is a straight through from manifold, so just collected colbalt system for it. Also just bought brand new Mohair roof for it, bit of fun to fit!
              Oh, and to keep with traditions, here's a pic of where all my projects get parked

]"]Error | Photobucket

Pictures do it too much justice, paint is let the best at all. I'll get round to
              It all. Just enjoying driving it so much

Comment

Keep with tradition - there ought to be a jack and various tools scattered about.

Oh - and with that exhaust a nice stone pig ought to be somewhere in the shot.
                1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Looks pretty clean, I've never actually been in one before but heard they're so much fun! Will be good to see what you do with it

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Sri View Post
                    Looks pretty clean, I've never actually been in one before but heard they're so much fun! Will be good to see what you do with it

It honestly isn't lol. When sun hits it, it hurts my eyes seeing all imperfections.

That's why it's a project though

Comment

Changing the roof isn't too much of a ballache I changed the one on Rey's MK2. took about an hour.
                      Is the replacement on a frame or just the material?

I want another MX5, such a fun little car
                      Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Just the material, few people have said it isn't too bad I'm sure I'll manage.

Comment

How does it feel to own yor first non corsa lol
                          The 1.8 has the better diff dosnt it?
                          Want to buy a hard top? Lol

Comment

Feels exciting and interesting, this has an open diff. I think the imports have the better ones.

Possibly; get s list as long as my arm.

Comment

New roof arrived, looks mint

]"]Error | Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                              X