Corsa b project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] Corsa b project

Hi guys, thought I'd share my project with everyone so this is my 14th corsa b bought it from Falkirk for 250 with tax and test 52k on the clock was pretty standard except a bad boy Bonnet corsa c sxi wheels and 40mm springs the corsa c wheels were swapped for cav slabs and it looked like this for a while

I had fitted Opel badges and mhw rear lights by this point

Then a standard bonnet

This was my 5th silver corsa and the paint wasn't the best and I'm pretty terrible at spraying but I decided to paint if myself with rustoluem combi colour paint and a roller it's not the best job but it's fresher than what it was

Stripped the car

And painted! Slabs were done black at the time but are now silver the 1.0 12v engine had been removed also

Engine bay had been painted

Exterior looked like this now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the spec up to then was

Repainted in red
    Sport interior
    Cav slabs x5
    Front coilovers
    Mhw rear lights
    Homemade Depos
    Opel grille and boot lock mudflaps

So with it being engineless I needed a new power plant, I've had corsa sports a gsi and c20xe all before so decided 2.0 was best route to go couldn't find a Redtop cheap enough so went for a ecotec basically the same anyway

Road trip to Glasgow to pick it up got it home

Weekend after I picked up a f16 box

Decided to paint and clean the engine n box since there out

Needed some short rear shocks to work with my 110mm springs I had lying around so picked up a set from a classic mini gaz ajustables

Painted front coilovers up and bought vectra v6 calipers

Dug out the transponder for gear box bought mariva 4stud 280mm discs aswell

Running big block driveshafts so had to order new wheel hub flanges so bought wheel bearings whilst I was at it and a timing belt kit for the engine since its out may aswell do it also ordered a xe mount and arb lowering kit from lmf still awaiting on these arriving

Crossmember needs some attention so bought a strenthening kit hopefully get this welded on asp

Spent 3 days on the wiring soldiering and joining the x20xev loom to corsa one

Also bought a janspeed back box and Hoffman centre section

Comment

Then I refitted some bump strips see if I like them or not quite undecided still also a super touring badge

New steering wheel arrived and hoses for engine swap

Got it fitted

Also fitted vectra b chrome door handles also got vectra b rear outside door handles on the door will need a central locking kit now though

Got hids fitted aswell 8k

Radiator was brand new some marks from when 1.0 was still in slimline fan added

Engine waiting to go in

So that's about up to date next plans are to find a c20xe 421 exhaust manifold and weld it onto a xev flange fit a new clutch fit box onto engine finish crossmember fit engine and box hopefully get it running and motd and on the road for the summer!

Comment

Quick update guys engine mount and arb lowering block arrived

Won some soft stars on eBay 16s awaiting on them arriving

Ordered a couple other small bits aswell like more supertouring badges a sun strip. Awaiting a price on a xe 421 and a dash flocking kit and possibly buy some South American rear lights next week. Just finished 6 nights of nightshift so tempted to get engine fitted tomorrow or Saturday once crossmember is welded

Comment

What do the south American rear lights look like?
          Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post
            What do the south American rear lights look like?

These bud

Comment

Aren't they the same as the European ones? They are lovely lights.
              Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Same as South African bud,

Yesterday was a good day anyway

Got the box and mounts bolted to engine

Car jacked up

Resulted in this

Hopefully get crossmember welded today

Comment

Spent the day trying get to get it to run Turks out crank sensor is knackered well I think that's the case I can't get eml working

New spark plugs fuel lines on turns over but no spark or fuel relay is bridged behind glovebox coilpack is getting 12v switched rest of loom is getting power also so I'm positive wiring is ok, so crank sensor must be gubbed

Went to local scrappies saw a throttle cable I thought would work was too short though

Ordered a new crank sensor hopefully that's all it needs and she's good to go

Comment

SPent an hour or so on Saturday I think I've sussed the problem I've joined 9 wires from xe loom to corsa 1.0 loom which is behind clutch pedal via a corsa sport 9 pin plug so am I right in thinking the red from the 9 pin plug should go to the battery to power the ecu? As I checked both sides of the plug and nothing but rev counter, immob, speed sensor, diagnostics are getting 12v, also eml light on xe loom is brown/yellow what colour is on corsa 1.0 12v? As I've no eml light and that would be handy hopefully some one can make sence of that and help me out.. Also had my strenthening plates fitted

Off to bed shortly as not long in from work shall try couple things later and fingers crossed it goes

Comment

New wheel day has arrived softstars arrived this morning

Looks much better

New crank sensor came also

Got that swapped still no spark so looks like I'm going to do a dash loom swap from a sport into my shell.

Comment

I know on the c20's if eml light doesn't show, it can be caused by fpr. Weird I know.

I don't know nun about these conversions, but iirc you have to bridge a wire for fuel pump. If you have done that, maybe check power is running through the bridged wire

Comment

Thanks bud will give that a try, 1.0s seem to be a pain to get a conversion working in. Least once I fit sport loom it shall be plug and play

Comment

I remember reading about the 1.0 causing no end of issues for people. That's why most never bothered converting them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post
                              I remember reading about the 1.0 causing no end of issues for people. That's why most never bothered converting them.
                              Think I remember that aswell, bloody nightmare I've done a 1.2 16v to a c20xe before similar wiring but that didn't have an immobiliser

Comment

Working...
                              X