No announcement yet.

100 corsa b, another long project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] 100 corsa b, another long project.

Then I started taking it apart in search for rust, big mistake.Rear bumper and rear arches off.

Comment

Took the rear wheels of to inspect rear arches and give a clean.Passenger side Before cleaning.

After cleaning.

Drivers side before cleaning.

After cleaning.

Comment

Passenger arch After cleaning

Comment

Basically after the cleaning I went round both arches with finger pressure and yep you guessed it rot under the factory under seal, pretty disappointing considering it's a 1999 car.Pics of holes.

Comment

Started the drivers arch, rot in front corner cut out
            Repair piece made up

Repair piece weeded in.

And primed.

Comment

Plug welded outer arch back onto inner arch repair and plugged up rust holes with weld and ground down, sorry no pics of this.This is after a light skim of filler just to tidy it up, it's not seen but I'm abit ocd.

Etch primed.
              ]"]Photobucket

Comment

Stared to do a semi smooth boot.Weld a blank in wiper hole.

Boot lock blank cut.

Tack welded in position
                Fully welded letting it cool plenty in between.

Ground down.

Skimmed with fiberglass.

Comment

I love seeing detailed work like this.
                  How bad is the rust overall then? Is it in concentrated pockets or is there loads all over?
                  Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Rust is mainly in rear arches and rear panel, in total 3 holes in passenger rear arch and 2 in driver rear arch.
                    The main body is pretty straight just needs a passenger wing, bonnet, wing mirror and front slam panel derusting.
                    going to end up doing a full respray maybe blue and gloss black but undecided.

Comment

Interesting project, look forward to seeing it progress. I wouldn't say rot is surprising at all thoigh, it's 17 years old

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
                          Interesting project, look forward to seeing it progress. I wouldn't say rot is surprising at all thoigh, it's 17 years old
                          its not to bad as I'm used to classic minis so had to learn to weld for that anyway, it's trying to do it right no point patching over rust.

Comment

yea for what I paid it could have been worse, aiming for a clean tidy look, lowered on coilovers etc, paint wise thinking smoke grey and gloss black arches and bumper tops.
                            engine wise I'll stick with the 1.2 16v for now and see as it goes, currently converting my mini to take a saxo 8v engine for some fun.

Comment

Plans sound good, I had a red Sport with the arches and bumper tops in gloss black. Woul probably ok even better on smoke grey.

I also had an old Mini, so I know how tight the engine bays can be. Is it a 1.6 8v VTR engine?

Comment

Working...
                              X