This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other Vauxhall] MK4 Astra Club

I've done a few small things already and have a couple of bits still to go on. Will update as and when I get things done. I know it's not a Corsa but seeing as there curiously appears to be no Corsas on here anyway I'm sure the fact it's at least a Vauxhall will make it welcome!
    Last edited by Alex; 19-01-2016, 12:13 PM.

I have these SXi clocks and pressed plates (there is a front one too!) to go on and I have some new gaiters and a genuine GSi gear knob on its way to me in the post too.

]"]Photobucket

Comment

Along with the things mentioned in the above post I've added some tailored mats, Sony stereo, flat front wipers, brighter head and sidelight bulbs, a badgeless grille, some MK5 SXi pedal covers and a shorter aerial. Still loads to do but it's nice being back in a Vauxhall and modding again!

Comment

What about colour coding the side strips and skirts?
        Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

The intention is to do that along with the door handles, will hopefully be able to find some in the same colour as my car. It's classed as silver but I'm convinced it looks blue in some lights.

Comment

Pic of the SXi pedals from yesterday. Haven't got an accelerator one on yet because in Vauxhalls strange wisdom they decided to annoyingly glue that one on and make the clutch and brake pedals simply clip on. I will sort it eventually though and have the full set.

I'll put up a list of my intended plans eventually too.

Comment

Anyone know if Megane wheels will fit this? I know they are 4x100 so in theory should but will I need a spigot ring or anything? Will the offset be ok? Tried searching online but no real help!

Comment

]"]PhotobucketSlowly building up a stockpile of bits to fit, just need to find the time to do it all.

Comment

One thing that bugged me was the central locking hasn't worked since I got the car. It works in the lock but not off the key. I tried both keys and nothing happens. So this morning I took one apart and replaced the battery and I noticed that the bit that holds the battery is very loose and comes away from the circuit board so I packed the fob with cardboard so it was nice and tight and hey presto, working central locking!
                  Last edited by Alex; 21-01-2016, 12:16 PM.

Comment

What would be the best size tyres to get for 16" rims? I plan to lower it 60mm. I have looked online but can't find any real help.

Comment

There's a tyre calculator out there somewhere. I'm on my phone so can't find it but I'm sure you'll find it on Google somewhere.
                      Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Thanks Lee, I've found that. All I can see though is the standard tyre size for 16s on an SXi which is fine, just wondered if there was a particular size that people went for when lowering. For example, most people opt for a 195/45/15 on 15s and just wondered if there was an equivalent for 16s. Think I'll opt for 205/50/16 tyres though.
                        Last edited by Alex; 23-01-2016, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Just try to keep the rolling radius the same and you'll be fine. That way it won't affect your speedo readings.

Comment

As Lee says you should try and keep close on rolling radius.But there are other considerations for clearances etc. Try your existing and proposed sizes into the following link

Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets - Wheel-Size.com

I think you will need 60.1 to 56.6 spigot rings.

Comment

Hey Bugman, many thanks for that. I've already got the spigot rings, haven't even found time to trial fit the wheels yet and I won't until Tuesday. They're still in the back of the car. Will update when I do though.

Comment

Working...
                              X