Golf GTi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Traitor Car] Golf GTi

I used to be on the old Allcorsa site (what's happened to that?) and I hope my time here is just as enjoyable and helpful. Will update as and when things happen.

Alex

Looks good for the money!

We disagreed with the way the owners were changing the site, so the Admin (Lee) and all moderators along with a good chuck of the members set this place up
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

What's it like to drive? Wanted one of them when I was younger.
      Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

It's not bad at all considering the age but there are a few bits of rust here and there that need sorting sooner rather than later really.

And it drives very well to be fair, no knocks or weird noises at all. Pulls strong through the gears, feels nice and solid and is pretty quick too. Will hopefully get started on it next week.

Comment

Not had a chance to do anything yet but will start tomorrow hopefully, in the meantime, here's my old AllCorsa project for those that are interested:

http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/sho...4.html?t=34674

Alex

Comment

I remember you now mate.
            Didn't you have a BMW at one stage as well?

I'm on the VAG scene as well these days, but went for some Spanish VAG.

Comment

Yeah I remember too. Only took you 4 years to come back with your promised traitor thread though
              Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardcore View Post
                I remember you now mate.
                Didn't you have a BMW at one stage as well?

I'm on the VAG scene as well these days, but went for some Spanish VAG.
                Everyone loves a bit of VAG

Comment

Haha, I did yeah, had it for around two years in the end, will dig some pics out at some point. Four years... Sounds about right for me where getting things done is concerned!

But anyway this is my first VW and I'm impressed with it so far, have the standard list of plans for it, hopefully they will go to, er, plan.

Comment

A couple of interior shots for you:

]"]Photobucket

]"]Photobucket

I have to say the interior is in mint condition, not a single mark on the seats. It's also the cleanest second hand car I've ever bought, everywhere including the engine bay is virtually spotless.

And heres the BMW some of you may remember:

]"]Photobucket
                    ]"]Photobucket
                    ]"]Photobucket

Other than coilovers and genuine staggered MSport rims I didn't do anything to it really. Anyway, just sold my Astra so work will be starting on the Golf when all my bits arrive.

Alex

Comment

Ordered a few bits today now my Astra has gone. First up I've ordered a new tailgate handle as mine is very badly rusted and beyond repair, according to research on the wondrous internet it's a common problem on these. Will get it painted and on when it arrives. Ordered a new gasket for my aerial too as it's missing on this one.

Also, I hate the standard 15" alloys and moon buggy tyres so have ordered a set of GTi 16" ones, not amazing but will look better and not prepared to spend silly money on this car. Have also ordered some coilovers which should help and a green grille to replace the silver one. I intend on painting the VW badge black when it comes.

Pictures as and when the bits arrive and are fitted.

Alex

Comment

Got these today:

]"]Photobucket

Nothing special, just standard 16" GTi alloys with a better profile tyre. Better than the 15" moonbuggy wheels it has currently. Will get them fitted when I get a chance and spray them up at a later stage.

Comment

Just put the new wheels on:

]"]Photobucket

Not the best and need a refurb but look much better than the wheels that were on it. Just need my coilovers to arrive and it will be somewhat on the way to looking how I want.

Alex

Comment

Looks better. Do you have the centre caps for them?

Comment

I don't unfortunately so need to get some once I've found what size ones I need (I don't have a tape measure).

Comment

Working...
                              X