Corsa D 1.3CDTi Sportive Van Workhorse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Corsa D 1.3CDTi Sportive Van Workhorse

As requested, a project thread for the van I have recently acquired.

Basically just going to keep this running, will do the odd 'mod' to it but ideally want to keep most of my money for the MR2.

Under the hood is a 1.3 CDTi producing a whopping 90bhp as it's the Sportive model and is factory remapped.

I currently have a K&N Panel filter and Team Heko Wind Deflectors fitted and that's about it, so it's looking pretty fly right now.

Future mods
    4.4L V8 with 8 turbos (1 for each cylinder)
    22'' rims
    roof rack and roofbox
    A good clean
    [CENTER]Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
    Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
    Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
    Torque: how far you take the wall with you.[/CENTER]

Funny how this has more power than Soph's LE with the full sports package etc lol.
    [URL="https://www.thecorsa.co.uk/forum/classified-ads/parts-for-sale/1043-big-clear-out-exhaust-suspension-etc"][B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Big clear out of parts[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://www.thecorsa.co.uk/forum/general-discussion/car-chat/projects-builds/732-sunny-melon-le-1-3-cdti"][B][COLOR="#0000cd"]Corsa D Yellow LE[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://www.thecorsa.co.uk/forum/general-discussion/car-chat/projects-builds/225-atlantis-blue-5-door"][B][COLOR="#0000cd"]Corsa B Atlantis Blue[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://www.thecorsa.co.uk/forum/general-discussion/car-chat/projects-builds/1301-1993-mazda-eunos-roadster"][B][COLOR="#006400"]Mazda Eunos V-Spec[/COLOR][/B][/URL]

Comment

For a 1.3 it's mental quick haha. You can hear the turbo woosh and air go around the system it's great.

Not fast, but pretty spritely for what it is. Weights nothing either as no seats etc in the back.

Comment

I had a 90ps SXi a few years ago...had it mapped to around 117bhp...pretty awesome car. Shame the gearboxes suck Fun though when it worked
        Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

And how many turbos did you go through Michael?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
            And how many turbos did you go through Michael?
            I had 2 hahaha! also 1 intercooler pipe, 1 EGR valve...and in the end, what made me sell, was a knackered gear box/gear 6/syncormesh/driveshaft...it was fun whilst it lasted...i like turbo
            Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

My Dad bought this at 22k in 2010 and it's now on 125k and in that time it's had a new turbo and many many problems with the EGR so I told him to blank it off, problems sorted!

Only problem is random EML so will need to get that mapped out one day.

Have to agree the gearbox feels pretty crappy. Gear selection is quite hard and when you take it out of gear there is a fair jolt that you can feel. Maybe the clutch needs changing as it slips every now and then after changing gear when pulling hard. Still on original clutch from new

Comment

Wow! Still on the original clutch! Impressive
                Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

How frequent have the services been on it?
                  Is it a lot quicker than the C was?

Comment

Had its service about 4 months ago and i think it's every 30-40k iirc. Although i like to do it every 10k.

It's so much quicker, for a 1.3 it's very quick.

Comment

Every 30-40k is nuts for service intervals. That might be why the original turbo died.
                      I like to do every 10k max,

Comment

Yeah that's what I told my Dad.. I'm probs gunna do it soon. First turbo died because the egr clogged up and dumped a load of **** into the turbo.

Comment

What was it that failed on the first turbo when it died?

Comment

Can't remember was quite a while back.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X