Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craigy's wgm vxr gtx big build (pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Craigy's wgm vxr gtx big build (pic heavy)

Just thought I'd post a few pics up of my car and some general information about the car and myself ☺

I've had the car for 18 months, it was completely standard when I got her. This was also the first car I'd decided to do a big build on (although that decision just happened somewhere between purchase and now&#128521

This is how she looked at first (donor pics)

Within 2 months the car looked like this

Some of the mods done at this time were.........
    Carbon wrapped interior (grab handles, door handles, dome dash and mfd surround, harness inserts and heater vent rings.)
    18" calibre friction alloys
    Ramair cone filter
    Medium smoke tints (rear)
    Smoked side reps
    Smoked brake light
    Smoked rear lights
    fly eyed headlights
    Dark smoke sun strip
    Heko wind deflectors
    Eibach sportlines
    Carbon wrapped fog surrounds
    Front vxr badge
    Domed resin plates
    Irmscher number plate surrounds
    irmy style grill
    Debadged rear (except vxr badge)

at this point the plan wasn't a gtx build, i was happy with the power at this moment and had set myself a goal. I wanted it looking nice, sitting nice and sounding nice.

I really liked the look of the car, sportlines had just gone on so next on the list was a custom exhaust 😉

While I was having the exhaust done I got a full set of engine bay hoses and hard pipes, this is how it looked around this time

Next on the list was a custom rarb, opc lower grill, burg splitter and Airtec FMIC
    Last edited by Craig_522; 09-11-2014, 09:51 AM.

Looks good, looking forward to updates

Comment

Originally posted by CorsaEdi View Post
      Looks good, looking forward to updates
      Thanks mate 😊

Got 4 long days of work then will get the thread up to date ☺

Comment

The pic 2 months after you got it is a great improvement. Like the private plate, but not too keen on the style/tint on it, looks a bit pikey that.

Whats the power goal?
        |> Spec2 R33 Skyline GTS-T <|

Comment

Best colour. I like it too!
          Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
            The pic 2 months after you got it is a great improvement. Like the private plate, but not too keen on the style/tint on it, looks a bit pikey that.

Whats the power goal?

Cheers mate. It will be somewhere between 400-430bhp once my banks recovered from last week ☺ i will more than likely be going for the gtx2863. For my end goal I think the 67 may be a bit laggy, although it has been suggested to me to possibly be the first to go for a gtx2860?

Thats somthing I will need to work out in a couple of months tho.
            I've only just had the engine rebuilt last week, custom high comp pistons, piper fast road cams and a hybrid k03 / k06 bolt on turbo (first 1 in UK) 😉 When I get time I will get the build up to date but if anyone fancies a look at 1 ive already done ive wrote ab in depth build on corsa d forum (same forum name)

Few sneak pics 😉

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post
              Best colour. I like it too!
              Definitely best colour 😉 thanks mate 👍

Comment

Wgm, yes! Best vauxhall tuner in the country and only lives round the corner haha. Will be watching this thread
                [CENTER]Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
                Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
                Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
                Torque: how far you take the wall with you.[/CENTER]

Comment

Looking forward to this project

Comment

Nice project. Never heard of someone fitting higher compression pistons to a turbo car before. Most usually go for lower compression pistons so they can run higher boost.

Comment

Originally posted by tomush View Post
                      Wgm, yes! Best vauxhall tuner in the country and only lives round the corner haha. Will be watching this thread
                      How you know warren does the work on the car 😉? Yeah I originally went to Warren and Rabbid for a stage 3 map last year and after a chat decided I'd be going for a big build. Looking like i will be going for at gtx2860 as im not after straight line speed, i think the smaller garret will suit better for track and street ☺

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
                        Looking forward to this project
                        I will get around to updating it soon lol. All my photos are on a SD card that's in the car, which I have to drive today 😕 been happy driving her little polo in this weather ☺

Comment

Originally posted by Hardcore View Post
                          Nice project. Never heard of someone fitting higher compression pistons to a turbo car before. Most usually go for lower compression pistons so they can run higher boost.
                          Cheers ☺ originally the first big build warren did was with low comp pistons which ran around 411bhp, he then went for some higher comp pistons and ran less boost on another corsa and the car ran 431bhp which in theory should be safer, both on a gtx2867. Since then he went for some with a slightly higher comp. These are what I have in mine ☺

Comment

Recognise the pics from somewhere, cant remember where though. I'm sure i may have seen this at some point too
                            [CENTER]Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
                            Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
                            Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
                            Torque: how far you take the wall with you.[/CENTER]

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X