No announcement yet.

1993 Mazda Eunos Roadster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topped up the underseal and touched up the paint on the calipers.

Also painted the wiper arms black as they were looking tired and a bit rusty.

Spent a bit of time servicing the car - engine oil, oil filter, dipstick housing tube o-ring, gearbox oil, turret oil, diff oil, brake bleed and coolant flush. Also discovered I have a vlsd after thinking the diff was open, which was a pleasant surprise.

Removed the air-con while I was at it. It worked when I first got the car but I never used it and everything had leaked out of it over the last few years anyway. So it was just dead weight to me (~15-20kgs). Expected the compressor to weigh a bit but was surprised by how hefty the bracket is also.

Part way through:

All out (including evaporator unit from behind the glovebox):

New shorter power steering belt:

Also got a radiator cooling panel as my car didn't have one:

Gave the car a wash and used some Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer afterwards. Bought it a while ago but only used it for the first time today - really good stuff. It rained soon after washing the car which gave me a chance to see its effectiveness. Lots of beading!

Big clear out of parts
    Corsa D Yellow LE
    Corsa B Atlantis Blue
    Mazda Eunos V-Spec

Comment

• I took the AC unit out of my old corsa for the same reasons as yourself. Not sure if the savings in weight transfer to real life performance and economy gains but it's definitely better out than in if it's not going to be used again and isn't working.
      Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

• I did it in the Civic too. Never worked, so took it all out! the hardest part was behind the glovebox!!

Good work dude!
        Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Nothing new to report here really. Recently back from the body shop having some work rectified and a bit of additional spraying.

I was away last weekend on the MTB in North Wales so now just waiting for this rubbish weather to pass to actually get some time out in it.

Felt left out when I saw all the old members posting pictures of their latest cars so here's one of mine too
          Big clear out of parts
          Corsa D Yellow LE
          Corsa B Atlantis Blue
          Mazda Eunos V-Spec

Comment

• Looking tidy see quite a few now in work.

how are we posting images on here now ?

Comment

• I just used the built-in uploader on Tapatalk for the pic above.
              Big clear out of parts
              Corsa D Yellow LE
              Corsa B Atlantis Blue
              Mazda Eunos V-Spec

Comment

• Everyone has MX5's and now I really really want one

Looks good, very tidy!

craig55 you should be able to upload without issue, give me a shout if you can't
                TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

• Itís because weíre all middle aged and are having a crisis

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegas
                    Itís because weíre all middle aged and are having a crisis
                    I must be the only one of us not in crisis mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

• Originally posted by jt999 View Post

I must be the only one of us not in crisis mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Buy mine

Looks ace by the way nibnob21
                      Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Vegas has been pushing for an update so here are a few photos.

Recently fitted a stainless cat back system after the standard mild steel one started to give up the ghost.

No videos of it running as ones I took with my phone are completely unrepresentative of the actual sound.
                        Big clear out of parts
                        Corsa D Yellow LE
                        Corsa B Atlantis Blue
                        Mazda Eunos V-Spec

Comment

• I donít remember pushing for
                          one, but that looks in such good condition

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegas View Post
                            I don�t remember pushing for
                            one, but that looks in such good condition
                            Haha it was a little while ago.

Yeah it's better than it was. Had back end resprayed in 2017 (I think? Maybe 2018) so that helps.

Never had a stainless system on a car before as I'm not a huge fan of loud exhausts, so tried to get one that isn't too lairy. Bought a Cybox one, formally Peco. Definitely adds a bit of volume but I'd never appreciated how much fun it is being in the driver's seat with more of a loud pedal haha. Addictive.
                            Big clear out of parts
                            Corsa D Yellow LE
                            Corsa B Atlantis Blue
                            Mazda Eunos V-Spec

Comment

• Certainly adds something having a louder pedal. Didnít know that about peco either.

One wuestion, your number plate lights, I think theyíre bolted in from the boot and facing outwards is that correct?

mines uk, so need sort some side lighting as currently itís above and canít benused

Comment

• Just been reading your bit (page 24) about timing as you know Iím doing mine. Iíve watched a few tutorials but thought Iíd read up as remembered you have problems.

anyway,

i nothced you used a took tool to lock cam pulleys together (I have same tool) but you then removed the pullies anyway to change thee seals, so why did you lock them was it a mistake of a reason?

Comment

Working...
                                X