Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] Corsa 99 160is

Hey guys,

New to the forum from Cape Town, South Africa, I bought a Corsa B 160is incomplete project, will post pics soon, but I have a question, I bought a new speedo cluster, but it's from a new spec Corsa lite, so it's an electronic cluster, the one I took out still has the cable.

Now my question is, can I make it work? or do I have just to put the old clocks back.

Hi Welcome to the forum. If the instrument cluster is from a corsa C, year 2000 onwards I would say no. Theres at least about 15 wires going to the plug in the back of the cluster. And it's part of the immobiliser system on a corsa C . Also I think the speed of the vehicle is from the ABS sensor on the wheels through the ECU. As the early Corsa B were speedo cable from the gearbox. Good luck with the project. Look forward to seeing some photos.

Comment

Thanks for the response, ok it's not Corsa C, it's from Corsa B, will post pics of the cluster... Let me know what u guys think.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-11-11 at 17.03.25.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	126919Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-11-11 at 17.11.32.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	126918

Comment

I doubt you will be able to get the electronic cluster to work as a speedo or odometer, but it might (or might not ) be possible to get the other instruments working.

I like thinking outside the box . If all else fails, or you have trouble sourcing a correct working speedo, could you use a gps digital speedometer/odometer?
        A Head up display speedo might suit some projects.

But it may not comply with your local laws , or be able to pass your local equivalent of the MOT,( annual technical testing.) and might stop working near high buildings, underpasses etc. Just an idea
        Bugman
        Last edited by Bugman; 15-12-2021, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it

Comment

I've heard it can be done by switching the speedo reader from the gearbox and some of the loom, I know little more than that though I'm afraid! I doubt it's worth it though, I'd suggest trying to source another analogue one

When I had my B I always wanted to do the GTE digital dash conversion, never got to it though!

Comment

Working...
            X