JT’s Transporter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bugman View Post
    I suspect the rising number of self employed home delivery drivers needing vans will outlast covid. Yours is a cut above those of course, but there is a knock on effect . Even back in the 1970's when our second family 'car' was a Bedford HA (Car sized) van it was surprisingly expensive due to demand from tradesmen.

just checked, Bedford HA vans from the 1970's now sell for about £5000. I should have kept it!
    I imagine maintaining it for that long would have cost far more than the £5k asking price now though!
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Yeah looking for a van come car every day use.
      With fve seats . Tuscan contract ends in the summer. 4 Daughters with houses now ,tip runs , car boot sales (when we our allowed) . Picking up large car parts , bumpers ,Bonnets ,engines. And has got to fit height wise and on the ramp in my Garage. So was looking at the Mercedes vito SWB.
      THE Ford custom is just slightly to big for my Garage. Yeah the prices have certainly gone up with the home deliveries drivers. I've been looking at Autotrader as at least most of them don't have the dreaded VAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Restorer View Post
        Yeah looking for a van come car every day use.
        With fve seats . Tuscan contract ends in the summer. 4 Daughters with houses now ,tip runs , car boot sales (when we our allowed) . Picking up large car parts , bumpers ,Bonnets ,engines. And has got to fit height wise and on the ramp in my Garage. So was looking at the Mercedes vito SWB.
        THE Ford custom is just slightly to big for my Garage. Yeah the prices have certainly gone up with the home deliveries drivers. I've been looking at Autotrader as at least most of them don't have the dreaded VAT.
        The VAT thing is soo annoying when looking privately, the amount of times I found the perfect van and then realised it needed an extra 20% on top of my already extortionately high budget for an old van was quite off-putting! Then insuring the damn thing was another hassle as obviously couldn't use my car NCB

A relative has a Transit Custom from MS-RT (they basically take a standard one and make it look nice I think), awesome looking thing, makes my van look like a right ****ter

Vito looks nice, and presumably well built, hopefully?

Comment

It's been a bit cold so haven't done a lot with the van lately. Finally got around to finishing painting and carpeting the racking, also added some LED lights (they're on a 9v battery in the pic for testing, so dimmer than they should be as obviously lower voltage), I'll wire them up to the van properly when I get around to it - was running out of light though

I'm quite happy with the result!

Click image for larger version  Name:	8EC07524-BD5E-4E31-B4A4-7599E6D89C42.jpg Views:	0 Size:	224.3 KB ID:	125861

Comment

Wow mate looks a professional job. Plenty of shelving for the niknaks definitely adding value to the van . Agree about the cold ,hopefully warming up soon.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210118_103212.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	125866

Comment

Got myself another project, couldn't resist it being local in Bristol. Conrod gone through the block

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210118_103318.jpg Views:	0 Size:	203.8 KB ID:	125869 bought second hand engine off Ebay

Comment

Name:	20210128_105735.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	125871 second hand engine stripped down ready for the rebuild.

Comment

Looks like a nice little car! Don't actually see many Corsa's on this Corsa site any more! Hopefully with the rebuild it'll be on the road in no time, are you planning then to sell it on or keep?

Wired up the lights and fitted a switch to allow them to come on with the interior lights, or a manual override. Really happy with the results!

Name:	3C6162BA-F710-4C98-9FE2-8F0F2D2B79E8.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	125873

Comment

Name:	20210131_152038.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	125891 now that's what I call a hole in the engine 😬

Comment

Originally posted by Restorer View Post

Name:	20210131_152038.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	125891 now that's what I call a hole in the engine 😬
                          Wow! I bet that gave them a fright!

Comment

Yeah that's what I thought, must of been an all mighty bang .

Comment

Lined the roof panels with a foam backed faux suede type material this weekend

Name:	3F637A26-6C6B-4618-95CF-495CD00967E4.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	125939

Name:	3386EB82-DF26-4DF5-9F30-D43D836B5261.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	125940

The list of outstanding things to do is getting short!

Comment

Wow mate looks really good. You been out working in the snow today. No snow here in Bristol, just frickin cold.

Comment

Working...
                                X