JT’s Transporter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Traitor Car] JT’s Transporter

Picked up a van today as wanted a new little project, a VW Transporter T5.1 T32 Kombi Sportline SWB

No huge plans at the moment, sound deadening, new head unit, carpet it out nicely

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	125526Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	125524

Name:	
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	125525
    Last edited by jt999; 17-10-2020, 10:30 PM.

Lovely mate

Comment

Originally posted by craig55 View Post
      Lovely mate
      Cheers, I'm quite happy with it! Full day cleaning the inside (it wasn't dirty as such, but not spotless either) and still more to do, then I plan to start installing the sound deadening

Comment

Sound deadening makes a huge difference, you can also get a day kitchen for behind the rear seats if you haven't already seen. Has it got a tailgate or barn doors

Comment

Wow mate looks great . Love the seats. Would love one of them .think of what you could do inside there

Comment

Originally posted by craig55 View Post
            Sound deadening makes a huge difference, you can also get a day kitchen for behind the rear seats if you haven't already seen. Has it got a tailgate or barn doors
            Not really looking to make it camper ready, at least for now, just take my pit bike out or mountain bikes without faffing with a bike rack!

Tailgate, didn’t want barn doors, not really sure why now though! I kind of imagined me sitting on the back with the tailgate up shielded from the rain 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Restorer View Post
              Wow mate looks great . Love the seats. Would love one of them .think of what you could do inside there
              When the vans a rocking, it’s probably just windy and being high sided it’ll rock a bit 😂

Comment

After a weekend of cleaning the interior top to bottom (wasn’t that dirty, but has been used and wanted it as clean as possible) I’ve started installing sound deadening, and have some insulation on the way.

Doing it in the dark isn’t much fun!

Name:	93686d0c5478e5b91fae3cadbce34071.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	125553

Name:	09b6305ac0a6c8c8c9fe4a87dc45a8f3.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	125554

Name:	7ab00446bfabd251b1798dc0f4ac95e6.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	125555
                Attached Files

Comment

Will definitely make a difference on the road noise coming in . Shame you haven't got somewhere to work on it inside. But looking at the houses around. The Garages were only built for a mini anyway 😂

Comment

Will definitely make a difference on the road noise coming in . Shame you haven't got somewhere to work on it inside. But looking at the houses around. The Garages were only built for a mini anyway 😂
                    Yeah most garages aren't quite big enough I suspect! It's not so bad, I'll do the intricate/difficult to see bits during the weekends for now!

Comment

I've started another project. Couldn't resist. Picked it up real cheap. Now I'm retired got more time . And after 6 weeks of DIY , it's a pleasure to be back in the Garage.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I've started another project. Couldn't resist. Picked it up real cheap. Now I'm retired got more time . And after 6 weeks of DIY , it's a pleasure to be back in the Garage.
                        So much room for activities!

Comment

I'll think of you next time I am kneeling or laying on the garage garage floor.

Comment

Well this is quickly getting expensive...

I set off my airbag warning light tinkering with the dash (turned on ignition with airbag warning light disconnected), my code reader doesn't interface with the VW modules so couldn't reset the fault, fortunately Carista works with it and is cheap so I ordered one of those from Amazon to reset it. Carista also has the benefit of being able to enable some non-factory things like auto locking when in motion, opening/closing windows from key remote, and needle sweep when starting.

I've installed secondary door seals to make shutting the doors feel a bit more 'solid' - it seems to be a common and cheap mod on these and makes it sound more like a Golf door when shutting than the metal on metal noise you seem to get with a van.

Ordered a new stereo and VW interface to keep parking sensors etc active, that hurt the bank account. The factory Kenwood stereo was good for the time, but is a bit lacking now (factory unit has a DVD player and DAB, but can't stream bluetooth music! Just bluetooth for phone calls, very annoying), and I really like Apple CarPlay so getting that back was my main goal here, and the new unit will support that wirelessly. I'll likely add a reverse camera if I can find one that looks good and like it'll fit.

Been eyeing up a swivel base for the captains seats in front, plan to get a little table or something so I can have a dining room on wheels when we go camping etc. Only ordered one for now as the crash tested ones are quite pricey, and I'm not sure if the heated seats I have will actually work with swivel bases. Plus I need to look at lowering the hand brake for the drivers side seat to swivel.

Also planning to replace the main front door seals as they're a bit torn/cracked from years of use, not exciting but all adds up.

Most of my time has still been dealing with sound deadening (Silentcoat) and insulation (Dodo thermo fleece), I started putting insulation in the areas I've already applied sound deadening to - I don't really need insulation as not planning to camp it, but thought I might as well do it whilst I have it in bits in case I ever change my mind.

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-10-24 at 20.27.01 (1).jpeg
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	125568

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-10-24 at 20.27.01.jpeg
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	125569

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-10-24 at 20.27.02.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	125570
                            Attached Files

Comment

Wow mate, this looks like its getting expensive already. Sound proofing, insulation, stereo sound system, swivel front seats , table. And you said you are not turning it in to a camper 😂. All its needs is a cooker and a bed . Looking good though .

Comment

Working...
                              X