Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Traitor Car] Michaels Dirty Derv Impreza

I bought another car.

I've wanted an Impreza since...I dunno, year 5? And now I have one!

It's the hatchback, which inloves as soon as it was released, and it's a diesel which, even though it's gonna get some flack, is kinda what we need for future plans!

Had a quick look on howmanyleft.com and there isn't a lot of these, and especially in the colour we have!

Picked it up for 6200, 57k, full service history, from a very posh young man in a posh place bear Reading!

Drives fantastically! AWD is so, so good! The way it takes off is just something!!!

We had a little pull on the way back...the Fiesta has nothing to worry about still

Anyway, pictures!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180923_155041.jpg Views:	1 Size:	88.7 KB ID:	119866

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180923_155001.jpg Views:	1 Size:	292.1 KB ID:	119867

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180923_155027.jpg Views:	1 Size:	79.9 KB ID:	119868

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180923_154949.jpg Views:	1 Size:	106.9 KB ID:	119869

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180923_155013.jpg Views:	1 Size:	381.7 KB ID:	119870

I'm already looking for an STI rear spoiler, because the current one is too small, some wind deflectors (obvs), some proper floor mats, and the servicing stuffs.

Probably paint the engine cover too...

Maybe a remap at some point...I dunno
    Like me...feed me likes!

Like it! I can't really have wind deflectors on mine, windows don't have a frame so the only ones they do attach to the car itself and look awful
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

That's what i was worried about with this...luckily the doors are framed

The ONLY problem with it is the folding mirrors dont work.
      You can hear the motor spinning.

I took it apart and found that the cog that folds the mirror is crappy plastic and had completely destroyed itself!!
      Can't find any on eBay either! I just disconnected the motor in the end to stop the noise

Just need later on to happen as it'll be insured again then!! We had to get temp insurance as Chris Knott closed at 12 on Saturday and we got the car at 1ish (didn't wanna buy insurance before seeing/testing it following the stupid fiasco last year!!)
      Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Honestly some of the shortcuts Subaru take pisses me off, they seem to all have the same little problems that would have cost them a few pence to fix. For my model it's the front light leveling sensor - they angled it so water pools inside it until the connection corrodes. A different angle, or a better seal and there would be no issue

Chris Knott are based a town or two over from me, never considered getting a quote through them though! How do you rate them?

Comment

Hmm...maybe I should check my lights...They're factory HID so I presume they have auto-levelling too!!! ARGH!!
          It's not just Subaru taking Shortcuts to be fair...I'm yet to find any car manufacturer that I've thought did everything brilliantly! Loads of difficulty to do certain things on the ST that should be easy (oil filter, bulb swap (light is secured by a plastic clip...mine split!))

I rate them quite high honestly! THis is my second year with them and I'm paying 390, Fully Comp, mods declared, both me and Rey as named drivers on the ST, and they've been the cheapest for Rey too...she even got 20 off as I'm with them
          Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Hmm...maybe I should check my lights...They're factory HID so I presume they have auto-levelling too!!! ARGH!!
            It's not just Subaru taking Shortcuts to be fair...I'm yet to find any car manufacturer that I've thought did everything brilliantly! Loads of difficulty to do certain things on the ST that should be easy (oil filter, bulb swap (light is secured by a plastic clip...mine split!))

I rate them quite high honestly! THis is my second year with them and I'm paying 390, Fully Comp, mods declared, both me and Rey as named drivers on the ST, and they've been the cheapest for Rey too...she even got 20 off as I'm with them
            I hope they improved it then! Just a pain in the ass.

I'll definitely try them come renewal time as mine is around 1300 (damn 0 NCB)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ouch!!! I can get a code that gets us both 20 off if you get a policy with them?
              Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Ouch!!! I can get a code that gets us both 20 off if you get a policy with them?
                Drop in the ocean

But yeah will try to remember come renewal time, not until February though!

Comment

Did a thing...

Painted the Engine cover, and fitted a "ptishoo" maker.

SuUmmat do till i can get more pennies for a WRX spoiler and some new alloys...and a remap...and an exhaust.

DAMN IT!!! Click image for larger version

Name:	20181030_155358.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	120188
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20181030_160148.jpg
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	120189
                  Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Stock box going back in till remap time. It's decided to start hopping/juddering at low revs in 1st/2nd... Ugh

A mate did warn me that Subaru's don't like change without a map
                    Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Stock box going back in till remap time. It's decided to start hopping/juddering at low revs in 1st/2nd... Ugh

A mate did warn me that Subaru's don't like change without a map
                      Mines a bit like that, apparently they really don't like dump valves, most switch back to factory recirc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Turns out the juddering is heat soak (forgot to post a couple of weeks ago when I found out!!)
                        Custom Heat shield being made, 30...not too bad!!

Also, found some WRX alloys on Shpock for 100.

Name:	20181118_173503_capture.jpg
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	120354

Picked them up Sunday, sold my alloys to my brother for 100 (bargain).

Name:	20181118_173455.jpg
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	120355

Name:	20181118_180222.jpg
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	120356

Got up Monday morning and the OSF was flat. Pumped it up, got to work and took it to be checked. Found there was a hairline crack on the inside at the back towards the rim.

Name:	20181119_173119.jpg
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	120357

Took it to an alloy repair centre on Tuesday and had it welded. So all in, the wheels have cost 60

Remap next as the Economy is killing me! Averaging between 38 and 42 mpg...in a diesel...

Must get a better picture tbh!!
                        Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Wheels look good, MPG seems OK for what it is? Although I'm so used to poor MPG at this point maybe I'm skewed!

Comment

I'd have hoped that a 2.0 Diesel would be around at least 45/49...not the BOxer engine.
                            Designed to rev like a petrol, so barely any torque low down...a remap will sort that
                            Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

I'd been getting heat soak really bad whilst sat in traffic and, as above, some poo MPG.

Went to the dude that made my MAF boss and we've made some changes.

He was going to make me a heat shield, but we found that under the filter was a small compartment, that had plenty of air available and was protected from the heat.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181124_135445.jpg Views:	1 Size:	69.2 KB ID:	120412

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181124_135457.jpg Views:	1 Size:	201.4 KB ID:	120413
                              No more heat soak, AND the best bit, my MPG has started creeping up...must have been sucking in some warm air and doing air things!!

also, definitely loving the new alloys

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181124_135515.jpg Views:	1 Size:	221.1 KB ID:	120414
                              Last edited by Michael; 27-11-2018, 10:48 AM.
                              Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Working...
                              X