No announcement yet.

Michaels Fiesta ST3 - Dory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve heard worrying stories about EBC pads... like the friction material breaking away from the backing plate at speed!
    Think they’ve sorted the issue now but doesn’t fill me with confidence for their quality control.

Comment

• Originally posted by jt999 View Post
      I've got some wood for your Mrs

5 years? That's flown by!

I'm looking at some new pads and disks, would you recommend the Yellow stuffs? I'm unlikely to be tracking it
      As Danny said, they were once known for breaking up. I was hesitant at first to buy them, but a few other guys who do more trackdays than me rave about them. I think the quality has gone up as they've said that with proper bedding in they don't crumble. I thought mine had, but they haven't They've just gone black. Still work though! Definitely recommend them for fast road and track use
      Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• I've been seeing some Fiestas going around with "Because Fiesta" on the windscreen, I assume you'll be in on that craze soon?

I also saw you got an old deposit back, that sounds like mod money to me!
        TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

• Originally posted by jt999 View Post
          I've been seeing some Fiestas going around with "Because Fiesta" on the windscreen, I assume you'll be in on that craze soon?

I also saw you got an old deposit back, that sounds like mod money to me!
          I can't stand those "Because *insert car*" stickers

I did, yes! After 6 and a half years I've finally got my deposit back in full from my rented house!! Already spent it on Tarox Front discs, rear grooved discs and a full set of EBC Yellowstuff pads
          Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post

I can't stand those "Because *insert car*" stickers

I did, yes! After 6 and a half years I've finally got my deposit back in full from my rented house!! Already spent it on Tarox Front discs, rear grooved discs and a full set of EBC Yellowstuff pads

And that's good then, glad it went on something useful!

Comment

• I wanted to buy some Lows...and a Nintendo Switch...
              Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
                I wanted to buy some Lows...and a Nintendo Switch...
                Not too low I hope!

My boy has a switch, it's fun but I always get left with the little stupid joycon and he has a proper controller.

Comment

• Only about 20mm drop, then get some strut bracing. The sucky thing about the bracing though is that I'd need to remove the bar whenever I wanted to change the sparks as its in the way!!!
                  Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Strut braces do look cool though, I'd like to eventually get them but fear I lack the mechanical ability to install!

Comment

• They're super simple undo the nuts on the suspension, put strut on, put nuts back on
                      Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Saturday was spent changing all the brakes over on the ST.

A far easier job than the MX5 (didn't figure out the stupid rear brakes or handbrake whilst replacing those!!

All up, wheels off

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180714_113030.jpg Views:	1 Size:	111.7 KB ID:	119255

Nice new Yellowstuff pads and grooved discs for the rear
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	20180714_150047.jpg Views:	1 Size:	87.3 KB ID:	119252

The scored front discs following the track day...Cheap discs and performance pads are a bad mixture
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	20180714_155149.jpg Views:	1 Size:	89.2 KB ID:	119254

That's how hot things got
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	20180714_155145.jpg Views:	1 Size:	144.5 KB ID:	119257

Much better! Tarox F2000 discs and new Yellowstuff pads!
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	20180714_161947.jpg Views:	1 Size:	93.3 KB ID:	119253
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	20180714_171117.jpg Views:	1 Size:	116.3 KB ID:	119256
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	20180714_171308.jpg Views:	1 Size:	146.7 KB ID:	119258

Sitting pretty...haven't driven yet though as one of the front discs looks like it'd been dropped. They're coming off tonight, ready to be swapped tomorrow!
                        Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• ALSO, been advised by Matt Lewis Motorsport to get a GFB Diverter valve, now I'm running 60bhp up from standard...#ALLTHEBOOST

They reckon that's what's throwing the occasional Spanner light, which only happens under no boost!

They said it'd either be my induction kit, or the Diverter, but as I've had the induction kit on for over a year, they said it won't be that
                          Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• I decided to get a new induction kit anyway...All being fitted by Matt Lewis on Saturday.

Normally I'd fit the induction kit myself (as it's childs play really, ay it!?), but if they're doing the diverter valve, I may as well have them fit the kit too
                            Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• New induction kit and GFB Diverter valve fitted...what a difference!!

The sound from the turbo with this new recirculation valve is insane!!!

And the way she holds boost now, even whilst changing gears

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180721_130120.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	299.1 KB
ID:	119354

And then washed again ready for the Midlands Breakfast club

Name:	20180721_152413.jpg
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	119353
                              I now have a working outside tap...which is nice and useful!

I also got tagged on instagram...it felt good

Name:	Screenshot_20180722-172230_Instagram.jpg
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	119352

Name:	Screenshot_20180722-171948_Instagram.jpg
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	119351
                              Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

• Interesting you mention the recirc, mine runs lumpy and apparently the cause is the dump valve, the factory recirc would apparently perform better, but without the noise (boo).

Engine bay looks good, and I'm very jealous of the outdoor tap! I've been looking into getting a Worx battery powered jetwash to get around having no tap here, but reviews are varied to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                                X