Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam gun

Looking for some suggestions please....

My old Bosch pressure washer is sounding a bit sick and it is so ancient that parts are hard to find. So I'm looking at a replacement and considering a foam gun. I hate washing cars - especially alloys - so I really want something that will clean the car with minimal effort on my part.

So from people's experience which foam guns are worth having, and which washers do they work best with?

Ta.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

I have a Karcher pressure washer with a foam attachment and being honest, the foam's never really done anything. I've tried numerous wheel products too, but they've always involved plenty of elbow grease. My problem was my wheels had lots of nooks and crannies. The Wolf's Nanotech wheel cleaner I used was good though. It left a wax like coating making further cleaning far easier.
    Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Thanks Lee - the wheels on the Astra are a pain, narrow slots which the brush won't get into. I have to use a bottle cleaning brush to get in there. Then it flicks back at me when I pull it out so I end up with black splatters all over me.

I've tried AutoGlymn allow wheel protector and that seems useless. The alloy wheel cleaning sprays just seem to damage things. So I thought I'd try foam. I remember someone on here saying they'd bought a good foam kit that worked well - but the bog standard foam attachment that comes with the Karcher doesn't look particularly impressive.

Oh well - I guess I'll just look for a set of steels for the Astra as I'm fed up of cleaning the alloys.
      1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

There's 2 types of karcher foam gun the old one is pants the new one has a adjuster for foam concentration and actually works really well, what is a good foam wheel cleaner though I don't know

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

It's the adjuster one that I have. Mark might have some tips on wheel cleaning.
          Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Working...
          X