new to site first Corsa saying hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to site first Corsa saying hi

Hi to all on the forum just saying hi and showing a pic of our Corsa Exite 1.2
    what do you think it is a Cat D write off was only on the road for 8 weeks from 31st March 2015
    we got on the 31st march this year all repaired with 2900 on the clock.
    when we got the log book was able to find out from 1st owner what damage was and pic
    did not think it was to bad and it was written off,hit a deer
    whats your thoughts
    Click image for larger version

Name:	049a.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	111645Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6010.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	111646
    Last edited by rolex; 03-05-2016, 08:16 PM. Reason: adding info

It doesn't look like it faired too badly, I've seen much worse damage from large animals on modern cars (they're really designed to crumple now aren't they!)

Looks like a nice little car
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Was very surprised when we saw the pics how little damage and no air bags went off
      and we paid half what they are on the garage forecourt.
      Plus still has two years Vauxhall warranty

Comment

It's an absolute bargain for such little damage. Welcome to the forum.
        Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Thought i would get more than the one comment about the car
          not big writers on this site or is mt post a bit to boring ?

Comment

Sorry you feel that way.Not boring, but there is limited scope for comment on standard repairs on a nearly new standard car. We try and help with problems, comment on projects and general chat.
            Heres what I should have said sooner. You got a bargain there. Great you were able to get a photo of the damage as it will reassure the next buyer when you come to sell the car. The down side of a cat D is the marker reduces it resale value . But its a shrewd move saving 50% on a nearly new car.. What does it matter if it fetches slightly less in a few years time,when its value is so much less anyway.
            Nice private plate. Nice car.
            Amazing how easily insurers write off cars these days.
            The car reminds me of a tv advert a few years ago, for Peugeot I think. They got an elephant to sit on a hindustan Ambassador (still made in India , identical to Morris Oxfords from the 1950's) and then panel beat it into the shape of a modern Peugeot.
            Last edited by Bugman; 08-05-2016, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Here is a comment.Repair looks good.
              Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Bugman View Post
                Sorry you feel that way.Not boring, but there is limited scope for comment on standard repairs on a nearly new standard car. We try and help with problems, comment on projects and general chat.
                Heres what I should have said sooner. You got a bargain there. Great you were able to get a photo of the damage as it will reassure the next buyer when you come to sell the car. The down side of a cat D is the marker reduces it resale value . But its a shrewd move saving 50% on a nearly new car.. What does it matter if it fetches slightly less in a few years time,when its value is so much less anyway.
                Nice private plate. Nice car.
                Amazing how easily insurers write off cars these days.
                The car reminds me of a tv advert a few years ago, for Peugeot I think. They got an elephant to sit on a hindustan Ambassador (still made in India , identical to Morris Oxfords from the 1950's) and then panel beat it into the shape of a modern Peugeot.
                TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Forgot about that advert.
                  Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Welcome to the forums.

Comment

And sorry mate, we mean no offence. I realise you were excited about your new car. I wont make any stag party jokes.

So what are the pros and cons of knowingly buying a cat d write off? Info on this link What is an insurance write-off? Your Guide to Cat A,B,C & D cars | RAC Drive

Comment

Comment

Congrats on your purchase. I read it and didn't comment, only reason for that is there's not much to say (unless you're bugman) it's a pic of a slightly damaged car, then a pic of a car we've seen thousands looking the same.
                          Good bargain for you though. You have to remmeber, you haven't commented on anybody else's posts, but expect them
                          On yours. It works both ways.

Comment

Keeping it 10 years is the best possible reason for buying cat D. Yippee, i've learned brevity. No,its beginning to go. Now its gone.Sorry Vegas, i've relapsed.

Comment

Buying Cat C & D vehicles makes much more sense. I always buy cars and run them into the ground - by the time you sell them the value of a C or D car makes no difference at all.

No-one commented that the photos show two different registrations - I assume you've put it on a private plate which is fine if one of you is called Chris and the other Deb. Bit of bummer if your names are Rodney and Sharon.
                              1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Working...
                              X