Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our first Corsa, a few (very) basic questions

Hi All,

Just bought my Daughter the 2004 registered Corsa 1.2 pictured below. Its an MOT failure and I'll sort it out whilst she is learning to drive. The failure list is as follows,

• Reason(s) for failure
      nearside front Brake pad(s) less than 1.5 mm thick (3.5.1g)
      offside front outer Front drive shaft coupling flexible rubber or fabric coupling insecure (2.5.C.1e)
      nearside front inner Front drive shaft coupling flexible rubber or fabric coupling unit breaking up (2.5.C.1d)
      nearside front Steering arm has relative movement at its fixings drumstick (2.2.B.1h)
      rear Exhaust system not adequately supported (7.1.1)

I want to order some pads online but I get compatibility warnings. Did they do a model change around 2004? What model is our one, a B or C?
      Anyone had an MOT failure that said the same as the underlined one up there? No idea if that's a rack or track rod end or something else? I cant ask the tester as its 40 miles away. Hopefully i'll be able to see it when I get the car home but just wondered if anyone knew what he was referring to?

The car came with one key which isn't a remote and I assumed it didn't have central locking, but when I undid the door using the key I found it does have central locking. Can any auto locksmith cut and program a remote plip key, or does it need going into a dealer for them to use their software?

Many thanks

Last edited by Taipan; 12-04-2016, 09:11 AM.

Yours is a Corsa C. I think the model change to the Corsa D came in around 2006.
    Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post
      Yours is a Corsa C. I think the model change to the Corsa D came in around 2006.

Top man. many thanks.

Comment

Driveshafts are so cheap to buy on eBay brand new, it isn't worth messing around buying boots for them

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
          Driveshafts are so cheap to buy on eBay brand new, it isn't worth messing around buying boots for them
          Agreed and if the boot is badly split God knows whats got in there, so no point in not replacing them at that price. That said I've never had a problem with the glue together boots for speed and cheapness when replacing boots with just minor splits!

Comment

Last edited by Bugman; 12-04-2016, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Inner tie rod - drumstick! I kinda get that now you say it, lol. I reckon that's what it is. Cars home now will have a look in the daylight. Many thanks.

Comment

Or maybe its the thingie on the wotsit ! The faults seem so relatively minor they were probably expecting the previous owner to sanction repairs.
                I cant help with the key btw. It sounds like it must have the correct transponder chip in for the ecu/ignition to work. The remote locking 'blip' is something separate and works by radio. The new key will probably have to be coded to both the transponder and the central locking . If you still have any original vauxhall booklets, such as owners handbook,radio instructions, service book etc you might be very lucky and find the supplying dealer wrote the key codes down somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugman View Post
                  Or maybe its the thingie on the wotsit ! The faults seem so relatively minor they were probably expecting the previous owner to sanction repairs.
                  I cant help with the key btw. It sounds like it must have the correct transponder chip in for the ecu/ignition to work. The remote locking 'blip' is something separate and works by radio. The new key will probably have to be coded to both the transponder and the central locking . If you still have any original vauxhall booklets, such as owners handbook,radio instructions, service book etc you might be very lucky and find the supplying dealer wrote the key codes down somewhere.

Comment

Comment

So I need a second hand key and get that coded? Not having a key to start with, is this the right one?

Comment

Neither of those, they're for newer shape. You need a Corsa c key

Comment

Working...
                        X