Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction for new member

Good day,

So I have been on this site for a little while now but haven't introduced myself, name is Patrick living in Cape Town, South Africa. But people just call me Pat, I own a Corsa B Utility 1995, 1.6IS model which is a SOHC 8V. Car has about 228000km on and owned it for the past 5 years. Only modifications done are air filter with cold feed, stainless exhaust starting from behind manifold. Car is stock otherwise but plan to do a few things to it over the next few months to keep it up to date and just reliable. Will try and get some pictures up

By the way, great site and alot more friendly and helpful than Cape Town Opel Club.

Sooo how do I upload photos?? LoL

Welcome Pat, I've already noticed you've been getting stuck in on the forums.
    Regarding photos, you need to be a VXR member to upload directly, or you can use a third party host like photobucket and copy and paste the IMG code to here.

I'm interested to see the car too!
    Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Welcome Pat.

Are the Corsa's quite common around Cape Town?
      You should get a project thread up

Comment

I'd love a Corsa Utility. Stick a LET in there and go chasing maloos
        Don't know if any have made it over here though

Comment

I've seen a couple of utilities and there have been a couple of conversions. They look brilliant.
          1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

I'll try and get Photobucket open to do that, hopefully not all the computers at work have that site blocked.

Yes they are quite common, we also have the C shape utility but that was discontinued a while ago, they came out as 1.4 and the sport 1.8 with Ecotec engines, then they put it on sale as a Chev

I was thinking of doing a conversion on the car but for a c20ne or seh, however I would like to keep it more reliable so that will stay stock standard and will get a Corsa Lite, which has stock standard 1.3 8v and then will go Ecotec 2L route. Have a few plans set out but that will only happen somewhere next year as I still need to move to a house.

As for my utility it has some work done to it, right before I bought it at around 230000km they replaced bottom gasket and rings. New plans are spraying the bumpers and arches as they are quite faded, new brake shoes, pads and most likely discs as the brakes feel a bit weird, like they aren't smooth, hoping it isn't discs being all wobbly. Then a few small other things but will update as I go along

Comment

Links need to be per picture Pat, also my brakes feel the way. Light use results in wobbly brakes. They out and do some heavy braking.
              Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Sorry to ask on here but I am a bit clueless with posting from Photobucket I made a account and uploaded the photos but now I don't know how to post the links onto here for you to see? Do I select "Share" option then copy the IMG code on the bottom right hand of the window that pops up? They appear from the top as Email & IM, then Direct, HTML and then IMG, which one am I required to copy and paste?

Comment

I don't always brake too hard but if I had to describe it, they grab and release the braking force, making it shudder, even if it is even faintly.

Comment

]"]Photobucket

- - - Updated - - -

]"]Photobucket

Comment

]"]Photobucket

]"]Photobucket

Finally, headache over. Took a few of them standing at underground parking at work. Right front arch was resprayed when I had the whole bonnet sprayed over about a year and a half ago. Also want the other arches and front and back bumper that colour. Canopy will also be looked at, was thinking same colour as the car but it's an awkward colour and is also made of fibreglass. Any ideas on other colours?

Comment

Nice looking car. It annoys me that GM (and other makers) decide europe does not need utilities,estate and sedan (saloon) versions of their cars even though they do make them in some of their overseas factories. Shipping from those factories may make them expensive here but we should at least have the option.
                        You could see how the canopy,bumpers etc looks in different colours by doing virtual reality versions in photoshop or similar.

I second the comments on brakes. They do benefit from the occasional bit of hard use. If you are naturally light on the brakes they tend to suffer from rusting,and seizing.
                        Go somewhere quiet and give them a few hard stops. It may improve them. If not you know they need work.
                        Last edited by Bugman; 28-03-2016, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Thanks I also haven't seen any of the utilities over there in UK, however I rarely see any 8V engines over there where mine is. I will need to take a few days off from work to be able to get the bumpers and arches sorted out, thanks for the advice on the brakes, will give them a test on Wednesday or Thursday when I am off. I have Gimp so will try and see how the canopy looks in maybe black, but would ideally like it the same color as the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                            I'd love a Corsa Utility. Stick a LET in there and go chasing maloos
                            Don't know if any have made it over here though
                            ARP | Official Website | Show Us Your ARP Photo Contest

Hopefully you can follow that link Danny, it's a guy in Joburg that has LET in his Corsa Utility.

Comment

Working...
                            X