Electrical type pump reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical type pump reading

I have an electrical cigarette lighter tyre pump, but the reading is x100kpa, and that gauge goes up to 4. Anyone have a clue how that translates to psi?
    Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

100 kpa is 1 bar. 1 bar equals 14.5038 psi. On your gauge a reading of 2 (bar) is 30 psi and 2.2 (bar) is 32 psi. Near enough. The gauge will not accurate enough that you need to be more precise than this.
    Last edited by Bugman; 29-11-2015, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks, that makes sense now. I've pumped my other halves tyres to 2.8. I'm sure she'll be fine.
      Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

2.8 bar is 40 psi. Isnt that a bit high for a car tyre?

Comment

It is, but it's a crappy old Ford Puma with tyres that deflate quicker than I can keep up with, so they'll soon be down to 30psi again or lower.

Comment

Working...
          X