Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi there, first time Vauxhall owner and new member.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there, first time Vauxhall owner and new member.

Hello chaps.

I recently purchased a 2009 Vauxhall Corsa SRi. It is a 1.6 turbo petrol with 5 doors and 61k miles on the clock. I've heard this specific model is quite rare (5 doors, 1.6T), Googling it I can't find many.

Before this my daily driver was a 1.0 Peugeot 107, cracking little car but I needed something bigger and more powerful for motorway driving. (By the way c1oc.co.uk for all your 107, c1, Aygo needs is recommended).

I never intended on getting a Corsa, I got into a situation where I needed a replacement car and this Corsa presented itself. I had originally bought an '07 Peugeot 207 GTi to replace the 107, however in true French fashion the car said 'NOPE' on the drive back from the dealership. I got a full refund as I couldn't be arsed with a problem child and the Corsa was just around the corner so I grabbed it.

Pretty happy with it so far, only issues I have are that whenever it is wet moisture gets on the inside of the windows and the heater takes forever to heat up, making de-misting sometimes a 10 minute job. Another problem is my heavy right foot, I think it's because I'm used to 1 litre I'm putting too much power down and wasting fuel, I'll learn eventually.

As for mods nothing planned yet, I googled remapping which can add 50BHP on top of the 147 it currently sits at. However I'm only 21 so this is already costing an arm and leg on insurance.

Anyway, enough rambling, some pictures:

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Hi, Welcome to the site, re: your moisture problem,you can go to you local pound shop and buy liitle moisture capturing boxes for about a pound, they should de humidify the car in a week or two. I assume the moistyure is from a full valet where they may have shampooed the carpets and or seats.
    other option it heater on full blast while driving for 20mins then open the windows so all the moist air escapes and then repeat a few times, be warnedthat you dont want moist air getting in to your ACas when it comes to summer and you want it cold, it will stink like big foots crotch.
    hope this helps

Comment

Probably worth checking the pollen filter isn't clogged up, had the same symptoms turns out it was so clogged struggled to suck ait through

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
        Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Thanks for the information and the welcome guys.

I'll give dehumidifying a go, see if it helps.

Is there anything I should look out for with this car? Everything feels solid so far but every car has its problems. With the 107s/c1s/Aygos it was the clutch, water pump, and seals in the rear-light clusters.

Comment

Hello from a chilly Sheffield, Just bought my first Corsa, its a 1999 1.2 16 valve automatic. I dont know if its A or B but it needs a few things doing. Hope to get some advice and help on here. Colin..

Comment

It will be a Corsa B if it's a '99 model.
              Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Geary View Post
                  Hello chaps.

I recently purchased a 2009 Vauxhall Corsa SRi. It is a 1.6 turbo petrol with 5 doors and 61k miles on the clock. I've heard this specific model is quite rare (5 doors, 1.6T), Googling it I can't find many.

Before this my daily driver was a 1.0 Peugeot 107, cracking little car but I needed something bigger and more powerful for motorway driving. (By the way c1oc.co.uk for all your 107, c1, Aygo needs is recommended).

I never intended on getting a Corsa, I got into a situation where I needed a replacement car and this Corsa presented itself. I had originally bought an '07 Peugeot 207 GTi to replace the 107, however in true French fashion the car said 'NOPE' on the drive back from the dealership. I got a full refund as I couldn't be arsed with a problem child and the Corsa was just around the corner so I grabbed it.

Pretty happy with it so far, only issues I have are that whenever it is wet moisture gets on the inside of the windows and the heater takes forever to heat up, making de-misting sometimes a 10 minute job. Another problem is my heavy right foot, I think it's because I'm used to 1 litre I'm putting too much power down and wasting fuel, I'll learn eventually.

As for mods nothing planned yet, I googled remapping which can add 50BHP on top of the 147 it currently sits at. However I'm only 21 so this is already costing an arm and leg on insurance.

Anyway, enough rambling, some pictures:

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Looks good, don't think I've seen on of these 1.6 more doors

As for power, get a decent panel filter, exhaust and a remap will see some good gains

Comment

Working...
                  X