Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

I'm new here and just bought my first Corsa on Friday. The car is a 1200cc SXI, Y reg. It's been well kept inside and out with a full service history. I'm not a lover of small cars but necessity dictated I needed another car as my beloved Daewoo Musso 4x4 failed it's MOT on the steering. Unfortunately, Ssangyong who made the Mussos but franchised them to Daewoo have stopped making parts and although I can get what's needed on the internet, local garages don't want to know - they can't make a profit on parts I supply.

So, working out of town I needed a car.

Local private car dealer had the little Corsa at a good price so I bought it. My late husband bought a car from this dealer some years ago and it was a good car.

I am hoping to get my Musso back on the road and when that happens my son will eventually get the Corsa as he is learning to drive.

One thing I have noticed with the Corsa is it sips petrol so I think is going to be a very economical car.

There are one or two niggles which are to be expected with a 13 year old car but I'll put that on the appropriate forum.

Hello and welcome along.
    Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Welcome, never heard of a Daewoo Musso before
      TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Originally posted by jt999 View Post
        Welcome, never heard of a Daewoo Musso before
        It's one of these - this one's identical to my one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Musso.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	110561

Bought mine new 13 1/2 years ago and it's been a brilliant car (workhorse). Just hope I can get her repaired. Like the Corsa too but it can't carry a load of stuff like the Musso can and I'm not sure how the Corsa would handle on ice/snow as it's very light (that's IF we get ice/snow).

Comment

The main thing with the 1.2 petrol engines is regular servicing. Most of the problems arise when people leave the service intervals too long. Parts are cheap and in plentiful supply, so you won't have the same issue as the Musso.

I assume you can obtain the spares needed over the internet and then get a local independent to do the work.
          1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus View Post
            The main thing with the 1.2 petrol engines is regular servicing. Most of the problems arise when people leave the service intervals too long. Parts are cheap and in plentiful supply, so you won't have the same issue as the Musso.

I assume you can obtain the spares needed over the internet and then get a local independent to do the work.
            That's the problem. I can get the spares for the Musso off the internet but so far have had no luck in getting a garage to do the work. As it happens, the chap who sold me the Corsa, his friend is a mechanic but on holiday for another couple of weeks. He says he'll get his friend to have a look at my Musso. She failed the MOT on the steering rack, but the play is on one side only (nearside) which suggests a track rod end. She needs a wheel bearing as well (would do both sides as usually one goes, the other soon follows).

It doesn't sound a great deal but getting someone to do the work is the problem. If I had the facilities (i.e. a lock up garage and the correct tools), I'd probably do the job myself. I used to help my ex-brother-in-law to repair cars when I was a teenager so learnt quite a bit about them.

Comment

If this mechanic isn't interested ring a few mobile mechanics - track rod is easy, the bearing may need a press but they can dismantle it and take it to a workshop to use a press.
              1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Working...
              X