Common Corsa B Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common Corsa B Problems

Found somebody breaking a corsa local to me, he's scrapping it in about a week and he's giving parts away mega cheap.

Anything I should buy while I can?
    Or is there anything I could buy and sell for a quick(ish) profit?

What model corsa b is it?
    Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post
      What model corsa b is it?
      Corsa b 1.0 Eco

Comment

Anyone?
        I'm thinking maf sensor, egr valve.

Comment

If you're looking to make money you should probably be doing the research yourself

Comment

Originally posted by jt999 View Post
            If you're looking to make money you should probably be doing the research yourself
            Fair enough, surely enough people on this site have had corsas to know what might go wrong with mine?

Comment

Re. handy spare parts:

If you can snaffle the MAF (so long as it's genuine) then it's good to have spare. The EGR is worth having if it is pennies - otherwise sort any problem by blanking.

A spare crankshaft sensor is always handy, they're cheap so don't pay much for it, but Corsas eat them for breakfast.

A spare coilpack is well worth it - makes diagnosing a faulty one much simple.

Otherwise it's worth having things like spare headlamps, light clusters, door mirrors - the kind of things that get damaged quite easily.
              1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus View Post
                Re. handy spare parts:

If you can snaffle the MAF (so long as it's genuine) then it's good to have spare. The EGR is worth having if it is pennies - otherwise sort any problem by blanking.

A spare crankshaft sensor is always handy, they're cheap so don't pay much for it, but Corsas eat them for breakfast.

A spare coilpack is well worth it - makes diagnosing a faulty one much simple.

Otherwise it's worth having things like spare headlamps, light clusters, door mirrors - the kind of things that get damaged quite easily.
                Exactly the kind of advice I was looking for, thanks a lot!

Comment

From experience with that engine I'd say it'd be worth investing in MAF, idle control valve, just buy the whole throttle body tbh it'll save you money.

Comment

Working...
                  X