MOT - all change on Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT - all change on Thursday

The MOT system is currently changing to an online system - our local workshop changes on Thursday and one of mine is due before the end of the month so I'm getting it done on Wednesday before it all goes haywire - just in case.

Anyone found their local place has had any problems with the new system?
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

By online do you mean no more paper certificate? If so I've not experienced it yet, still got the print out last time.
    Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

The system has been rolled out to 2000 garages so far and it is working very well.

Probably is 2000 is a very small number in comparison to what is about to come.
      I'm not anything to do with the project but I've seen a few updates on it.
      It should roll out smoothly but we will find out Thursday.

Comment

Seen this on some other forums today about it.

So I gets one of my motorbicycles MOT'd by the ever-wonderful Big Dave at Moore's of Hemel Hempstead, and he gives me a nice printed piece of paper saying it passed, with lots of details on it like the test number and the VRN and the VIN, and his signature at the bottom.

Three weeks later, MOT status check on the DVLA website tells me that the test number doesn't exist and the most recent MOT for this vehicle has expired.

So I 'phones up DVLA yesterday where a nice but baffled Welsh lady also can't find the test number and blames it on their "new system". Eventually she puts me on hold for a couple of minutes and then comes back to say she's run a "vehicle check" (whatever that is) which does indeed show that the machine is MOT'd until July 2016.

But today the MOT status check still says the test number doesn't exist and the most recent MOT has expired.

So it seems to me that whether I am liable to be pulled over by The Plod for no MOT depends on whether they have access to the aforementioned "vehicle check", or whether they are looking at the same non-existent test details that the website can't find.

I also expect that, if I don't sort this out, I'm probably going to have a world of aggravation when I come to SORN the bike in the autumn and tax it again in the spring.

So now I'm going to have to write to the idiots complaining about this, which I expect will result in a series of fob-offs and and an increasingly stroppy me until they eventually admit there's a problem.

Exasperating! Grrrr!
        Source

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post
          By online do you mean no more paper certificate? If so I've not experienced it yet, still got the print out last time.
          You still get the paper print out - it's how the garage register the MOT on their computer. The new system is all done live online rather than the workshop's own computer administering it. I always have fun when I take the Viva in because the computer doesn't recognise it when it comes to emissions because it's exempt, but it won't proceed through the MOT until the emissions test is done. Hopefully the new system will sort that sort of thing out.

Anyway - good news is I have a new MOT.
          1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Looks like I was wrong. The system is live but isn't working ^^

Comment

Working...
            X